1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Do you have good ideas for new contests? If so, please open new threads in the Contest Submission sub-forum to discuss them.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Indoor Lighting & Enviroment

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by BIGbean, Jan 12, 2010.

1. BIGbean

BIGbean

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am busy creating a an indoor house but i am having a few problems with the following:

1. I dont know how to make it darker inside the house than it is outside.
    2. I dont know how to make it completely dark outside the house walls to enable an indoor efffect where you cant see outside but only inside the house.
    3. I am busy on my "second floor" of the house but how do i make the second floor look like it is above the ground.

Thankyou

2. Link_Iceblader

Link_Iceblader

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. sry i can't help you with this one

2. You can remove the 'outside' from the playable map area via terrain or blocking doodads

3. I think there is a doodad called invisible platform, maybe you can use it? If not, you might need to create two rooms and link them with a portal hidden in a doodad with the shape of stairs.

Let me know if you get it to work.

3. Amigurumi

Amigurumi

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1. and 2. :
    look in the tutorial section for the tutorial: torch system
    3.you have to watch out, you can't make that one unit is at floor one, and the other
    unit at floor 2, but at the same position. that won't work (except of triggering, which
    could be a pain for everyone, if it's possible to do that)
    you can also do what Link_Iceblade said.
    Create two rooms, each at another area of your map, and make rects, which
    teleports you to the other room.

4. BIGbean

BIGbean

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thankyou for your help ive made two seperate rooms with a staircase leading "up" to the second floor, but on the second floor im not able to create an effect where it looks like the staircase is going down back to the first floor.

5. Amigurumi

Amigurumi

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lower the ground, put your stairway there, lower the stairway also, and put some
    walls at the cliffs, so you cannot see them.
    then you have your stairway downwards :)

6. BIGbean

BIGbean

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thankyou once again i will be implementing that idea and nice imaginative thinking! :D