• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Second Floor on Houses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Is there anyway to make a house out of doodads with the walls transparent, and going up stairs moves you to the second floor without rects and all within the single house?

i.e. I want to make a house with multiple floors and both floors are in the house, not seperate rooms placed on the map somewhere. (Trying to cut down on doodad usage).

Level 6
I'm having trouble implementing it, so if anyone can use this, please tell me how.

Quite simple, there is given instructions. You put the files to their proper folders. The installation file should be putted in the original Warcraft 3 folder and the two trigger functions should be placed in the 'UI' folder containing in the same directory. The map for testing should not necessarily be located to a specific spot, just doubleclick the installation file and test it.

I've tried it and it works almost flawless, XGM know their stuffs so to speak. Not just two floors, but nine! Though, I'd not use it further. I believe there are easier triggers to get this 2nd floor task working rather then implement a modification to the Warcraft system. If not it's causing less threat and corruption then the "miscdata".

Status
Not open for further replies.