• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Storing the following information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
My map is based on each city having local tech-trees. Meaning building a barrack in one city doesn’t improve the tech of another city. Because of this I use dummy units that are created/removed when it’s time to build something. Now to the problem, these dummy units have arbitrary requirments. Here is a example:

Building: Estate
Requirments:
- 1 Granary
- 1 Well
- 1 Agora
- 1 Temple
- 1 Stables
Building: Temple of Ares
Requirments:
- 3 Houses
- 1 Barrack

So the requirment descriptions here are units, for example ”3 houses” is a dummy. I was wondering how could one store this information effectivly? Currently I have to make a if-statement for each tech unit. But if i instead could loop through a unit list of TechType and make those requirments accessable somehow...

Task: Store one or more UnitType(s) and a integer (amount required) to another UnitType (dummy tech unit).

Level 25
I'd combine the information into a string, and compare this string with a "requirement" string.

Each building would have a unique location in the string, and if available would be indicated on the check string with the number of those buildings, or a 0 if you don't have any.

So if we have:
1 - House
2 - Granary
3 - Barrack
4 - Well
5 - Agora
6 - Temple
7 - Stables

(save these pairs to an array so that you can quickly compare all of them to generate the string)

E.g. 1: Estate would be:

E.g. 2: Temple of Area would be:

EDIT: Forgot to add, you need to check using "greater than or equal to".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.