• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to create a specific corpse summon based spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, i need help with figuring out how to create a specific spell in the world editor.
This spell is an ultimate for a Hero/Champion i'm currently working on that would basically function as
Summons a set amount of units, and then summons additional units from each corpse nearby

Iv'e tried using spells such as animate dead, raise dead, spirit of vengeance and ressurection to create it but i cannot seem to get them functioning the way i intend, are there any spells that could do what i outlined or potentially give me some assistance in creating it? could i maybe utilize scripts to do so? I'm rather inexperienced with world editor.

Level 39
Do you want permanent or temporary summons? Dark Portal (Archimonde) can summon a variety of units for you but they will be permanent. The simplest solution would be to use that as the base and then dummy cast a whole bunch of Raise Dead-based abilities in the area.

Level 8
Hello, i need help with figuring out how to create a specific spell in the world editor.
This spell is an ultimate for a Hero/Champion i'm currently working on that would basically function as
Summons a set amount of units, and then summons additional units from each corpse nearby

Iv'e tried using spells such as animate dead, raise dead, spirit of vengeance and ressurection to create it but i cannot seem to get them functioning the way i intend, are there any spells that could do what i outlined or potentially give me some assistance in creating it? could i maybe utilize scripts to do so? I'm rather inexperienced with world editor.
Animate dead seems like the obvious choice, but you could also just select corpses manually I guess.
With Animate Dead, you'd want to run a trigger that selects all units raised by the spell, and then replace them with whatever you are summoning in the first place. Then you can trigger the regular summons.
Alternatively, you go the other way around, and base the skill on a regular summon, and select the corpses and then replace those directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.