• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how much map size can wc3 handle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello all.
Can WC3 handle a map with almost all units replaced with high quality ones which causes the map size to grow up to 300 MB and more ? (yeah 300 , I know its very very very very big for a map)
I mean , is there a limit for map size? for example maps bigger than X will cause the game crush or low PCs unable to run it?

Apparently too many high poly models on the screen can easily cause lag, however you can still use some decent quality models. Also WC3 renders all the destructibles in the map even when they're off-screen which can slow performance. There's a destructible hider system out there somewhere, but it can cause issues in some cases.

and BLP textures are limited to 512x512 resolution, so if you wanted something higher you would have to use .TGA which has a much higher filesize.

In terms of map filesize I don't think there's a limit for singleplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.