• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you pause the game without using the pause trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I've heard you can pause or like freeze the game without the use of the pause trigger. The problem I'm having is the pause trigger only works a couple times in 2-player mode cause you only get a couple pauses lol.

Last edited:
There is a way:

Enumerate all units within the map (in this case, playable map area) and pause each one of them.
Alternatively, you can instead use a function in the Unit category that does this for you.

• Unit - Pause/Unpause All Units
In retrospect, I don't really see this as pausing the game entirely, but only for all the units that are currently in the map.

Last edited:
Level 7
There is a way:

Enumerate all units within the map (in this case, playable map area) and pause each one of them.
Alternatively, you can instead use a function in the Unit category that does this for you.

• Unit - Pause/Unpause All Units
In retrospect, I don't really see this as pausing the game entirely, but only for all the units that are currently in the map.

Thank you so much, I finally learned a new trigger and this solves all my problems!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.