• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Item Cooldown Pause/Unpause

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well, since pausing/unpausing a thing would require a trigger, I guess this would be a correct place...

How does one pause/unpause item cooldown? Is it automatically paused when using Unit - Pause/Unpause or what.

I need to pause the item cooldown so that the resistance cooldown (summoning more troops) would not run while the player battle is still in effect.

I would appreciate any answer. :)

Level 12
I don't think you can pause normal item cooldowns. I don't understand why an item cooldown is controller when more troops get summoned. If you use a timer, you can control it much more easily.

If you want to control item cooldowns, you can use a system where the cooldown is displayed as number of charges on the item. I am using a very primitive version in my own map (for passive cooldowns on items), and it can probably be extended to work with active item cooldowns. You have to put in some wonky "hacks" to make it work properly, though, since activating it will remove a charge. One way to fix that is to make a separate version of the item that doesn't have the activated ability at all and switch between the item versions as the cooldown turns on and off.

Level 5
I don't understand why an item cooldown is controller when more troops get summoned. If you use a timer, you can control it much more easily.
Actually, troops are already spawned at a normal rate but the idea for this item is for calling more troops, usually at emergency situations, this is why I would need a long cooldown (and a pause) to prevent abuse, lol.

If you want to control item cooldowns, you can use a system where the cooldown is displayed as number of charges on the item. I am using a very primitive version in my own map (for passive cooldowns on items), and it can probably be extended to work with active item cooldowns. You have to put in some wonky "hacks" to make it work properly, though, since activating it will remove a charge. One way to fix that is to make a separate version of the item that doesn't have the activated ability at all and switch between the item versions as the cooldown turns on and off.
The idea sounds nice but I don't think I can do the countdown based on item's charge. :(
But about the separate version of the item, the idea seems nice but I guess I have to do with the multiboard timer as a countdown, thanks for the idea. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.