• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do you make a in a map a surface and a underwater?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I played a game called water wars submerged by Kajenx and it starts out where you are on the surface of water killing and leveling up and etc. and every hero has a ability to submerge. When you use it you go into a entirely submerged world practically. The map is almost the same except theres fish everywhere and stuff that makes it look like your underwater and other players can submerge to and fight you below so theres 2 maps practically. The only thing I could slightly figure out is that there are to black strips on the top and bottom of the map and when you are surfaced it says your being attacked in the upper strip where you cant go (map boundary) then when your submerged it pings your being attacked in the lower black strip. So I would like to know if anyone knows how to do this because I have a map ive made and it would be alot cooler if it had a underground added in so if anyone can help me do this that would be great. If you want to see the map go to epic wars.com and type in the search thing water wars submerged.

Level 4
I played a game called water wars submerged by Kajenx and it starts out where you are on the surface of water killing and leveling up and etc. and every hero has a ability to submerge. When you use it you go into a entirely submerged world practically. The map is almost the same except theres fish everywhere and stuff that makes it look like your underwater and other players can submerge to and fight you below so theres 2 maps practically. The only thing I could slightly figure out is that there are to black strips on the top and bottom of the map and when you are surfaced it says your being attacked in the upper strip where you cant go (map boundary) then when your submerged it pings your being attacked in the lower black strip. So I would like to know if anyone knows how to do this because I have a map ive made and it would be alot cooler if it had a underground added in so if anyone can help me do this that would be great. If you want to see the map go to epic wars.com and type in the search thing water wars submerged.

could u post a link to download that map that u talking about?

Level 12
First off, I can tell you're lazy and want everything done for you. I'm not going to do that, but I will tell you what you need to do.

Take the map size you want.
Now double it. Widen it 2x or Lengthen it 2x.

Make your terrain. Select it with the selection tool. COPY -> PASTE.
Copy it on the other side.
Add doodads and special effects as needed.

Then, based on which you chose. Move hero to position (current point, and add X or Y to give it the same positioning).

Level 1
I've studied the map and definitly is 1 map split in two large similar regions. Moving from surface to underwater is actualy (as previosly said) moving the hero to other coordinates and setting the camera boundaries to specific region. The only "problem" in this case is the minimap cause it's showing the whole map so you must import picture of half of the map as minimap.

Level 12
It's honestly interesting to think about.

You could even have dummy units (with shadow) copying the movements/etc of other heros on the other side of the map.

I better stop before I want to do something with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.