• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Underwater Map Needs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I am making a map with a underwater and surface region-all in one map. Instead of a fully underwater map it's a map half underwater and half surface. I have made a Naga Deep Sea Stalker as the experiment for the submerging, the Naga Deep Sea Stalker (Misha's model) has not got a appropriate submerge ability for itself. The Naga Deep Sea Stalker has morph (submerge) and unmorph (unsubmerge) animation but I don't know how to make the ability for hero submerging and that's why it does not submerge correctly when I made one myself. When I putted Naga Royal Guard instead which has already a submerge ability the submerge worked correctly, but I did not know how to make the surface. This map is similar to Water Wars-Submerged. To make things clearer experiment yourself, I don't have time nor skills to solve it. I made triggers, but don't know how to progress.

Firstly if you are unfimiliar with all of this underwater thing, put the Naga Royal Guard and remove the Naga Deep Sea Stalker, now try to test the submerge ability with it. The Naga Royal Guard can submerge and will teleport to the other side like a hologram, then the icon turns to surface, but when you click it it says "unable to submerge there" it needs to return to it's previous position, just like it did submerge.

With the Naga Deep Sea Stalker you need to make a custom ability like Submerge (Naga Deep Sea Stalker). Make the ability work in the way like Naga Royal Guard submerges.

Add the fog at the underwater area, at the region called underwater with triggers I guess.

Map needs:
1.Naga Deep Sea Stalker Submerge and Surface ability
2.Add the underwater fog at the underwater region using underwater effect tutorial.

Please do something to improve the map, if you finished the demands or you want to ask send me a message me. When you finish the map needs send the edited map here via attachment. With the map needs finished I offer reputation and resources.

Attachments

• Underwater Level.w3x
    231.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I found something interesting, you could add to building a sea-pathable pathing and maybe removing some type of pathability, so it will require sea to build it. You will need Northrend tileset to use it, because its water is more pure, you can add different tiles after or change some settings. This is a good idea if you still want to make the camera above water and it's compatible with surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.