• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spell Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm having problems with a couple of my spells in my game. First off, I gave my sub the submerge ability, but when the game starts, it starts underwater. It's fine then, it moves, is invisible, stays underwater, everything. But after I have it surface, from then on, every time I try to submerge, it goes down, stays there for about a second, then pops back up. What's wrong?

One other thing, I want to make my sub launch a torpedo from the tip of its wing, and then have the projectile be underwater, but it is always above. Any way to make it go underwater?

Level 23
1) You have to amke sure the Unsubmerged version is the "Normal Form unit" and the Submerged version is the "Alternate Form unit"

2)Change the "Projectile lauch Z' to a lower number. it can be found in the units "Art" section in the object editor.

Level 3
but my sub's a hero. So the only way to make an alternate unit would to be to make a second unit that has the base unit as a submerged unit, right? And there aren't any submerged heros, so I can't make one.... I'm sure there's a way around this, I just dunno how. As for the projectile launch Z thing, I'll try that out right now! Thanks!

Ok, I made a second unit with the base unit being the submerged naga myrmidion. Now, it's going fine, he dives and stays there, he can move, he can go back up, etc. Except for one thing. When he changes back into the hero, he goes from level 30 (I set the unit to that level so I could test out abilities) to level 1, and there's no icon for the abilities thing. I can't choose new abilities cause the button is gone, and it reverts it back to level 1. It might be because I set the hero's level in the object editor to 1. Even if I change it though, it'll just keep changing it to that level, won't it? Help?

Last edited:
Level 8
I think you can just copy your hero, change its movement tipe and maybe use a edited version of metamophises instead of submerge. Also add pemenant invisibility to the copied hero. That should defenatly work, but I don't know it will look that pretty.

Currently it bugs because its unit type change from hero to non-hero and thus it destroys a lot of data. Your other options, but is rather wasted and a robust way of doing it

1: is to add a trigger that whenever you learn a ability it stores the level of that ability as an integer. Also whenever you level it stores your level. When you return from your submurged form a trigger run setting your level to the stored level and your abilities to their appropriate level.

2: Create a dummy ability with channel. You make a trigger that hides the unit when it casts the spell and create the submerged version of the unit. The submerged version also needs a dummy ability. When it cast the dummy ability, the hidden hero becomes visible and the submerged version is removed. This will work, but might look terrible.

Both these suggested ways has its bugs, while the metamorphises one has no bugs, but I'm not so shure the metamorphises one will work.

Level 3
hmmm, I wonder how they did it in battleships. Anyone know who made the maps? I could always ask them (after all, my map IS a combination of battle tanks and battle ships, plus an air section =])

Status
Not open for further replies.