• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I set up the camera so that the middle mouse roller doesn't effect the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I was hopeing someone could answer this because its a good question and i also would like to know if its possible.

Level 24
The only way I can think of doing it is like this.

• CamTrigger
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to 304.00 over 0.01 seconds
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to target to 1650.00 over 0.01 seconds

Level 18
If you want set screens that change from area to area but lock so that they do not move with the hero and can't be moved by the Player then this is the way to accomplish it:

• Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True //or whatever type of Unit they will be controlling. You will know the conditions.
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set the camera bounds for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to Region 000 <gen>
You will need to create a region for each area that you wish to have the locked camera. You'll also probably need to tool around a bit with the size of the region so that the camera bounds fit your liking.

I would recommend only doing this when the Hero enters a building or small area and then reverting to a camera that is locked to the Hero and follows it whenever outside. Otherwise you're going to have a shit load of camera work to do if you want to cover every part of the map with locked screens.

p.s. I would not recommend doing Bob's because that trigger will fire every .01 seconds, meaning 100 times a second. It will definitely begin to lag your game. No offense bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.