• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do I Open Up and Play My Own Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have recently finished my first custom melee map, and I when I tried to play it in TFT, the map was nowhere to be found. I went back to the Editor, and it was there. WTF!? I tried moving it my Warcraft III folder, but that didnt do anything, either. Although, I'm not quite sure how things are working with my Warcraft III, as I downloaded it off the new Battle.net Account system, and many things that were working back when I had a traditionally installed version of War3 I can no longer find. Can anybody help me?:sad:

I have recently finished my first custom melee map, and I when I tried to play it in TFT, the map was nowhere to be found. I went back to the Editor, and it was there. WTF!? I tried moving it my Warcraft III folder, but that didnt do anything, either. Although, I'm not quite sure how things are working with my Warcraft III, as I downloaded it off the new Battle.net Account system, and many things that were working back when I had a traditionally installed version of War3 I can no longer find. Can anybody help me?:sad:

K, where did you save your map to? save it to desktop, then press Ctrl + X on the map, then press Ctrl + V in your wc3 maps folder, IE (C:\Program files\Warcraft 3\Maps\Download\

Then just open it in wc3 by pressing lan, Or

Go to your map in WE and press Ctrl + F9

Level 8

To Tarfen:
I know about the test map button, but I wanted to be able to open and play the map diectly from TFT in the custom games section, so it could be hosted online and so forth

{EDIT}
Unfortunately, your suggestion didnt help. Plus, as I downloaded War3 from the web, I have no Warcraft 3 folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
in ur warcraft III folder, there should be folder called "maps" - he's ur friend =))) just move ur map in there

Level 22
It's because of the new patch ..... Either create a folder with very different name in Maps\ like "Custom" or could be 3 letter word, make sure the name of your map also has a different name from other maps in the same folder. If yo9u want it to be in Download where custom maps usually stay move it to Maps\Download\ give it a unique name and it should be there, it's how you avoid this new patch's 'incredible' fix. If that doesn't work, placing the map in a custom folder named like 'CMPS' and whataver name you give it should display your map there. But 1stly trying placing it in Maps\Download. In other words, play with the map's file name and ingame name until you see it.

Level 8
Guys, I dont HAVE a maps folder, nor can i create one the game recognizes, I tried. Look, what i dont understand is how i can play it from WE and i cant find it in the normal game. Does anybody have an answer, and one that will actaully work and i can understand? Preferably in a step-by-step format?

Level 7
If you don't have a maps folder, can you even play normal melee maps that came from Blizzard? If the answer is no, then you should probably ask blizzard about that...

Level 9
The grand solution

EDIT FOUR: Hopefully, solving your problem. Create a directory called Warcraft III Folder - wait, before further stuff, what files do you have?

You can read this one, but its older and doesn't help your I have no War3 folder thing.
EDIT 2: Ok, heres the steps you'll follow. Create a folder called Maps in your WarCraft III directory. Create three folders in it - Download, FrozenThrone, and Scenario. Create a folder in FrozenThrone called Scenario. Done, you have all folders of an average non-map maker. EDIT 3 IT IS ACTUALLY. END EDIT

What the hell? Ok, I'll show you what most of my Warcraft III directory looks like.

FOLDER - A.I SCRIPTS - Standard, GruntMaster.wai, WyrmMonger.wai.
Battle.net Cache
Blizzard Support
BNUpdate
BNUpdate.app
bnupdate.log
Campaigns
Errors
icons-WAR3.bni
License.txt
LicenseUK.txt [I didn't buy this from U.K nor am I from U.K]
Maps - Ok lets stop here and just look at maps [did you call your folder Maps or maps?]. Now, the folder that should be in here is - Test, if you've tested map from WE, Frozen Throne, Download and Scenario. There should be melee maps with the extension w3m in here, [I know you don't have them]. Frozen Throne should have melee with extension w3x, and one folder - Scenario. I'll load an attachment which is the maps folder - my editor maps/downloaded maps over b.net etc.
EDIT: Ugh, 40 mb with half of it removed. Lol I had 5 gb of maps once.
EDIT 2: Ok, heres the steps you'll follow. Create a folder called Maps in your WarCraft III directory. Create three folders in it - Download, FrozenThrone, and Scenario. Create a folder in FrozenThrone called Scenario. Done, you have all folders of an average non-map maker.

Level 10
IF you can't see your map in TFT or RoC, it means map name (in map folder) is too big cause of blizzard patch... Maps who have very big name wont appear in "Custom Game" option... You have to rename the un-appearing map alot smaller in order to see it in "Custom Game" or Host it...

Level 13
IF you can't see your map in TFT or RoC, it means map name (in map folder) is too big cause of blizzard patch... Maps who have very big name wont appear in "Custom Game" option... You have to rename the un-appearing map alot smaller in order to see it in "Custom Game" or Host it...

Listen to him! He's right :D I just never remember if its the name when i save the map, or if its in the senario-->map options, i think it is.

Level 9
Also note, that having color coded folders [yeah...thats right, YOU CAN have color code folders, AND offline profiles with color codes], will also stop some maps from showing if their within the folder's directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.