• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Issue with TerrainArt/terrain.slk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello,

I'm looking for some help from those more knowledgeable than I about adding TerrainArt/terrain.slk to the Program Files WC3 folder so I can make unwalkable mountain tiles. On my original computer, this worked fine following the usual steps. However, I have a second computer I was going to use for editing that I installed Reforged on and the most recent patch seems to use a different file configuration. There is now a folder called '_retail_' which seems to be the place to add these things. Regardless, I added TerrainArt/terrain.slk in both the parent folder (Warcraft III) and tried Warcraft III/_retail_/ ... I could not get it to work. I thought it may be an issue with the registry, for instance the Warcraft III key did not originally appear in my registry under battle.net. I added it manually and still no luck... my map relies on the unwalkable tiles so any insight on how to fix this or workaround would be much appreciated.

Thank you

EDIT:Solved it... if you are running across the same problem, it seems you are supposed to treat '_retail_' as the base folder, if that doesn't work double check you have a registry entry for 'Warcraft III' (my most recent installation didn't add one), under 'Software/Battlenet/'...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.