• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Where can I find backup file of last test map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I tried looking in wc3 folder, documents and appdata/local/temp. It's nowhere to be found

Amount of work lost is so huge, just thinking about redoing everything makes me want to stop working on this map completely. :(

General Preferences/Copied map file: "backup"

Wc3 is not installed on my main disk.

1/15 20:01:51.126 Command Line: "E:/Warcraft III/Warcraft III/x86_64/Warcraft III.exe" -loadfile "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\backup.w3x" -nowfpause

Searched main drive for "backup.w3x" = no results

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
If there's no hope of getting it back, could someone atleast tell me how to set it up properly so that my backups are actually saved?

Last edited:
Should be found in AppData\Local\Temp\Maps\Test\WorldEditTestMap.w3x I believe. I don't remember if \Test or \Maps comes first in the directory.

You can very easily avoid this issue by just saving different versions of your map though. I save a new version of my map every time I save it so I have all versions, including the very first version of my map. It's safest that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.