• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I merge different object files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I have decided to make my own custom campaign where the are various types of races and I have make like 3 races on each seperate maps but I cant seem to merge them as I can only load 1 and remove the current one so I can only have 1 of the race.Is there a way I can merge object files or any special warcraft III editor extension tools that can help ?

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Newgen world editor had a way to do this, but I don't think it's supported by Sharpcraft Editor yet. So I don't think you can right now.

Even if you could, it would mix up all the triggers using those units, unit abilities, etc. Object data was never meant to be merged, since they are assigned a rawcode that must be unique. If you just merged it as is, there would be repeated rawcodes, so one of them has to be changed, but this then changes anything that referenced it. This is why Blizzard never will give the functionality for it.

Level 4
Can you not export object editor data and then import everything into one map?
Shouldn't that work if you created races separated from 4 main races?

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

When you use the Import Object Data option, it replaces all current data.
I think the only way around it is individually copying each unit and then fixing everything that used to reference it.

Level 12
You can use GRIMEX Object Merger on WEX, but you need to use an external vJASS call. Just read the Grixmex manual that comes with WEX.

SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle\profiles\Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)\plugins\Grimex\GrimexManual.html

Apperently we can't upload .html files here =/

This is what the external call would look like:

JASS:
//! external YourMap.w3x ObjectMerger i war3map1.w3u war3map2.w3u

Status
Not open for further replies.