• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I make the Moon Glaive attack to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
It occurs to me that I never actually used this ability before, and I'd like to actually try to have a leveling ability (adding bounce I suppose).

I tried adding both the ability and the upgrade necessary (via triggers) but the attacks won't bounce when I'm testing it on creeps. I think I had everything checked in the attack sheet, but it's still not working. What am I missing?

-I added the ability AND the upgrade used as well as made the unit's attack "Missile - Bounce" and filled in maximum to about 6 or so to test it.
-I made sure the upgrade is learned (via triggers), and as I could see the ability before and after I activate the trigger for the upgrade (from being inactive and saying "requires Moon Glaive" to being active) I know I triggered it correctly.
-I believe I filled in the targets allowed fields correctly for the attack and the extra targets fields.

That is all, thanks.

Level 8
You need to add a field for Area of effect (Full Damage) to the AOE you want the attack to bounce in.

I did do this and it's still not bouncing.

here i made it 4 ya, check it out, i am sure he did that, anyways, never check the "Apply to all unit" in upgrade, i got stuck in a problem like that once too.

I don't understand this; you made it into an item ability and gave it to the unit? What happens to the Hero Skill for it? And the upgrade part? What did you do to that exactly?

Also, make sure that a unit will have Missle (Bounce) as its attack type.

First thing I did. Thanks though eh.

Level 2
I would recommend not using triggers at all rather copy the Moon Glaive skill from the normal game and using that a second time, or give the original Moon Glive a second level. I did and it works.

Level 2
Dear Matarael.
I can make a testmap for You, but it will take a moment.
Actually, I've already started doing it.
Be patient.

Level 13
Moon Glaive this not an ability,it an upgrade.
If you don't have the upgrade,moon glaive = useless.
Upgrade is most important for this ability.
Like this also can :)
  • Events:
    • Unit - A unit learns a skill
  • Conditions:
    • None
  • Actions:
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • Level of Moon Glaive for (Your Hero) equal to 1
    • Then - Actions
      • Unit - Order XXXXXX to research XXXXXX
    • Else - Actions
    • If - Conditions
      • Level of Moon Glaive for (Your Hero) equal to 2
    • Then - Actions
    • Else - Actions
just keep like this xD

Level 8
Ok, I figured it out finally. I knew I just missed 1 small thing which prevents it from working, and I was right. But first,...

I would recommend not using triggers at all rather copy the Moon Glaive skill from the normal game and using that a second time, or give the original Moon Glive a second level. I did and it works.
When I said "trigger" I mean that when the Hero learns the skill I triggered it so that the upgrade levels up too, adding 1 bounce per level.

Moon Glaive this not an ability,it an upgrade.
If you don't have the upgrade,moon glaive = useless.
Upgrade is most important for this ability.
Like this also can :)
  • Events:
    • Unit - A unit learns a skill
  • Conditions:
    • None
  • Actions:
    • If - Conditions
      • Level of Moon Glaive for (Your Hero) equal to 1
    • Then - Actions
    • Else - Actions
    • If - Conditions
      • Level of Moon Glaive for (Your Hero) equal to 2
    • Then - Actions
    • Else - Actions
just keep like this xD
I know that, thanks though :)

Here's the testmap.
Thanks for this, it helped me see what I missed.

So in short, to get this to work there are 3 elements which needs to be altered with:
1. The unit/Hero itself.
2. The ability.
3. The upgrade.

The thing that I missed was the fields on the unit. I didn't add area of effect for the "full" part (I did add it for the ability). And sure enough, as soon as I added 600 to the field it bounced perfectly fine ha ha ha...

Thanks all.

Level 16
why did u guys make a trigger which need research? why not use glyph of fortification instead? like what i did, it doesnt give that ugly "Research Complete" dialogue, and making another unit to upgrade it is a mess, i would rather use the glyph to make it work.

and mine is working 100%, test it out up there.

@Matarael

well, i make an upgrade, based on increase "Bounce" from the original unit's moon glaive upgrade,

and then, i applied the upgrade within "Glyph of fortification" ability, so that,

when the unit receives the item, the upgrade will automatically be increased by 1 level,

the hero ability is just a dummy, so don't mind it.

its pretty simple if you think of it, glyph of fortification gives the whole map an "Upgrade",
without a need of research, and it increase your upgrade level by 1.

it is used in many dota skills, such as kardel's take aim, luna's moon glaive, and Lanaya's psy blade.

Level 2
@razor21 - what You said is total bullshit, in my testmap I don't need any dummy abilities, just the ladder Moon Glaive ability with 4 levels, the upgrade, the unit and a trigger which only increases the current research level for triggering player.

Status
Not open for further replies.