• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to make a hero have Bounce Attack ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
There are no abilities involved at all.

1. Set number of targets for attack to number of bounces that should occur.
2. Set splash radius to the distance the bounces can go.
3. Set attack type to missile (bounce) or along those lines.

You forgot to add extra information to make the bounce to work

Combat - Attack 1 - Area of Effect (Full Damage): This is the AOE for the bounce to go and search for enemy units

Combat - Attack 1 - Area of Effect Targets: Tick the boxes same as your Combat - Attack 1 - Targets Allowed

By the way I think it's Spill Radius, not Splash

In DotA, Lanaya The Templar Assassin uses this kind of attack

It's not a bounce attack, but a spill, more like a Cleaving ability but for Ranged Units

It's two different thing

Level 12
In DotA, Lanaya The Templar Assassin uses this kind of attack

It's not a bounce attack, but a spill, more like a Cleaving ability but for Ranged Units
The thing he wants is bouncing projectiles which are used by Luna in DotA. Also Lanaya does not use Spill radius, her attack is triggered.

@OP: Just compare your settings to the melee Huntress.

Level 33
The thing he wants is bouncing projectiles which are used by Luna in DotA. Also Lanaya does not use Spill radius, her attack is triggered.
I was comparing between Spill and Bounce

@OP: Just compare your settings to the melee Huntress and dont forget its an upgrade needed for it to work. I guess thats the point you overlooked
It does not even require any upgrade, just follow the setting of my post and DSG's post
You will get your unit to start with Bouncing attack, instead upgrading a research or whatever
I usually run a test first in the World Editor before giving false statement.

NOTE: He never mentioned want it an upgrade, he wants his Hero to attack bounce, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.