• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moon Glaive Item

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPC

KPC

Level 7
As we know to give the Hero Moon Glaive Ability we have to:
1. Set: Combat - Attack 1 - Area of Effect (Full Damage): 400
2. Set: Combat - Attack 1 - Damage Loss Factor: 0.2
3. Set: Combat - Attack 1 - Weapon Type: Missile (Bounce)
4. Techtree - Upgrades Used: Moon Glaive
(Values ale only examples)
Thread About: Moon Glaive As Hero Ability: How do I make the Moon Glaive attack to work?

Let's make an Item that gives Moon Glaive attack:

Trigger 1:
  • Moon Glaive Acquire Item
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Moon Glaive
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Moon Glaive to 1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Set Unit: (Triggering unit)'s Weapon Real Field: Attack Area Of Effect Full Damage ('ua1f')at Index:0 to Value: 400.00
      • Unit - Set Unit: (Triggering unit)'s Weapon Real Field: Attack Damage Loss Factor ('udl1')at Index:0 to Value: 0.20
Trigger 2:
  • Moon Glaive Lose Item
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Loses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Moon Glaive
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Moon Glaive to 0 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Set Unit: (Triggering unit)'s Weapon Real Field: Attack Area Of Effect Full Damage ('ua1f')at Index:0 to Value: 0.00
      • Unit - Set Unit: (Triggering unit)'s Weapon Real Field: Attack Damage Loss Factor ('udl1')at Index:0 to Value: 0.00
Issues:
1. The missing thing in my Triggers is point 3. I don't know if it is possible to change the Weapon Type via Triggers. It may be a necessary additional system for it.
2. Changing Upgrades Used is most likely impossible. It's not that big issue. Just need to set it manually for each Hero.
3. Those triggers above are not working properly.
With Index 0: Hero attacks once and everything works, then Hero is unable to attack more.
With Index 1: Hero picks item -> Game Error
With Index 2: Nothing

I don't know what's wrong and what Index means at all.

If You can solve it and explain it a bit I will be grateful.

Here I attach the map:

Attachments

• Moon Glaive Item.w3m
    19.2 KB · Views: 41

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Index represents the Weapon.

Index 0 = Weapon 1
Index 1 = Weapon 2

There's no other Weapon Types beyond 2 so there's no reason to go above an Index value of 1.

A lot of those "SetUnit/Weapon/Real field" functions don't work yet, or don't work properly, and I imagine this is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.