• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I increase damage of spells based on attribute points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im working on an RPG and I would like to have spells gain benefit from attribute points. Ive seen this done before in other RPGs so i know its possible...so I just was wondering if anyone knew the best approach.

So for example, How would i make a Storm Bolt skill do 3*(hero's current strength)? (perhaps is there a way to get variables into the object editor???)

Anything would help me, even if you just link unlocked maps with this system or links to other posts that have already addressed the issue.

Thanks!

Level 13
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing ((Real((Strength of (Casting unit) (Exclude bonuses)))) x 5.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
For the Real(Strenght of unit) use ''convert integer to real''

Level 2
Will this work for spells like blizzard, where units can avoid taking full damage from the spell? if not, how would you modify the trigger for that to work?

Also with that spell, it doesn't even target a specific unit, so...yea. any help here would be great. THX!

Level 7
cyvien, I think it work with aos and muti target spell as, it use unit start the effect of abilit as it's event so that it will run when any unit is affected by spell. Just change the condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.