• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] How can I import a model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I downloaded a Scarlet Crusade Footman's model, managed by the Import Manager and I changed the common Footman's model for this one that I downloaded. But always a green and black cube appears. I do not know how to fix or how to make it work. Can anyone help me?

Level 25
I guess the Scarlet Footman model has its own .blp texture. You need to set correct path for the texture - the texture path should be written where you downloaded that model.

Usually, these models also include .txt file where the path is written as well.

Level 23
Theres a bug with the editor that causes imports to not be shown until you save.
Save and restart your editor.

If the problem persists, then you've imported it wrongly.
Check to original model page if there are any extra textures you need to import.

Level 11
Theres a bug with the editor that causes imports to not be shown until you save.

If the problem persists, then you've imported it wrongly.
Check to original model page if there are any extra textures you need to import.

I guess the Scarlet Footman model has its own .blp texture. You need to set correct path for the texture - the texture path should be written where you downloaded that model.

Usually, these models also include .txt file where the path is written as well.

Thank you, that help me a lot.

Level 37

When correctly imported, there is no need to restart the editor.

Import, save, use the imported stuff. It will show up in the editor when correctly imported.

If you first import, save, use the stuff, notice you used a wrong texture path then you need to change the path, save and restart to see the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.