• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Models simply not working =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Hey,

I just recently downloaded a few (30ish) models of trees and rocks to add to my campaign. They have been imported, the extensions cut off, the proper textures put in, and applied to a doodad. But they always, no matter what I do, appear as a green and black checkered cube.

If anyone has some free time and knows how to fix this problem (yes I've tried a few different times, and ways to fix this myself) You'll get +rep and map credits.

~Campaign attached below

Attachments

• Dreamscape.w3n
    11.2 MB · Views: 77
Level 9
Hmm...strange.
I think you should check if it requiers a .blp file. Also make sure the model doesn't requier a specific path (the .mdx file).

It's all I can think ATM.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Hmm...strange.
I think you should check if it requires a .blp file. Also make sure the model doesn't require a specific path (the .mdx file).

It's all I can think ATM.

Edit: Did that they still dont work =/

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
Sometimes a model requires that the .blp have a textures/ extension in front of the tex. I assume you current configuration is something like

Rock.mdx
Rock.blp

try changing that to

Rock.mdx
textures/rock.blp

See if that does anything.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Tried that to, they still wont work =/ I'm thinking it's because I'm using the campaign editor to import and make them, but all the other models used the exact same way work =(. It also can't be because their broken because they are from a few different model packs...

Status
Not open for further replies.