• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
On WC3:WE, i imported the Dwarf Mountaneer model, and it works. But, when i import others, like the GDI Titan, it appears as a green square:sad:. I hae the skins there and their ok, i think the model path is too (Titan.mdx), but it still appears as a Green Checkered Cube. And the siege engine does this too (unedited). Please help (again)!

And, by what everyone says, it should work.

Level 32
How to Import Custom Models describes the model import process in detail. The steps shown in that tutorial (if properly followed) will work for any stable model in any map.

It's entirely possible that the model you are trying to import is faulty: bugged models just don't work.
GDI Titan ... Titan.mdx ... siege engine
Please post hyperlinks to those models (or the models themselves) and we might be able to figure out if they are reliable resources.

Level 8
@ DesKaladA: Paths are allright (according to the ones on model page; link below), and i tested the map, and the unit showed up on radar (map @bottom-left corner), but i couldn't select it, and the town hall/siege tank models dissappeared, too! Appeared on radar, but couldn't select. I then saved, closed, then reopened WC3: WE. And still the same results. I can't find out the problem. My disk is old, and has TONES of scratches, so it may be the disk. Getting a new one anyway.

@ Wolverabid: I looked at that tutorial for the Dwarf Mountaeer, which was not only for tutorial, but useful in my map. I double checked it, but that still won't solve the problem. I'm getting a laptop soon anyway, along with rebuying WC3, with the Battle Chest.

Siege engine is NOT EDITED AT ALL!!!!! IT IS THE REGUALR WC3:TFT ONE!!!
GDI Titan link: Here.
Download Link: Download Titan.Zip

Level 8
I just think that its something with WC3: WE, b/c when i make a new map, the siege tank appears fine, in WE and in-game. but, after closing/opening WE, the Tank will not appear ever again, and so i need a new map. THis is starting to happen to more models. So it isn't just the imported models with the problem, but the in-game models too.

Again, my WC3:TFT is old and scratched, and my computer is old also; its XP, but about 4-5 yrs old. i'm getting a new disk, and a new Laptop from The Scource (only good and cheaper place in town). I'll try to repath textures, but i used the MdxPather and got the right paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.