• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make my own doodads with multiple variations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I don't mean my own models or anything. I wanted to make a doodad that is exactly like Rock Chunks, except they behave like regular rocks (not selectable, can't be destroyed, don't block vision). I made my own doodad and set the model to Rock Chunks <base> and set the variations to 6 (same as the destructible version), but it says it can't load the model when I place them in the editor. They appear as green/black checkered boxes.

Any idea what I did wrong or how to fix the issue? I could make a separate doodad for each variation, but that will be super annoying to work with lol.

Level 12
Thanks! I looked at the tutorial. I guess it can't be done in vanilla WC3 editor? That seems like a huge fail from Blizzard lol.

Level 12
Ya I should maybe move back to JNGP. I have an older version and rage quit it for a few reasons. Even with GUI hashtables, you can't use variables for handles lol. It always has to be event responses / other build-in functions (ex: GetEnumUnit()). I'm slowly converting all my triggers to JASS and cleaning it up a ton.

My main problem was from JNGP crashing when I was trying to save my map with syntax errors. I also found some of the other features to be a little annoying (like the text editing one - I can do the colours myself and it was slow at loading). I think JASS in the header area wasn't working, either, but maybe it's because it was an older version. I might have also been doing it wrong.

I was just thinking and I might be able to just modify the Rock Chunks destructible to do what I want. I could change the occlusion height to 0 (makes it so it doesn't block vision afaik) and I think there is a "is selectable" which I can set to false. It should behave like trees that way. I guess they store health values and stuff, though, so maybe they're less efficient? lol

If you have JNGP issues, feel free to post in the forums or PM me. It really is a great tool if you can get it working.

About the tooltip thing--you can go to one of the toolbars and disable the colorizer. I did the same for mine since I didn't really need the colorizer either. Most of the features are able to be disabled.

As for that tutorial, you only need JNGP to run the script. After you run the script (by saving the map, closing, then reopening), you can feel free to edit it again in the regular editor. The nice thing about JNGP is that all the edits (apart from vJASS) will still allow the map to be opened and saved in the regular editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.