• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Import help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Yea, um, hi! Don't know if this is the right spot to post this, but I have a problem.
I've tried to import some models, to be more precise, the DoC Footman (I must say, very cool). But it won't work. I folowed every step, but in the end it shows a green/black cube, and on the bottom it says: can't read (file name).mdl

Can anyone help?

Level 1
I folowed the tutorial I found there, but nothing worked. Yes, I have tried importing, saving the map and then restarted the editor, but no use. I certanly am a newb in the editor, so I must be doing something wrong.

Level 9
What are the paths you set for the files?

EDIT: I got your model to work. Don't change either model's path, make them look like I put them below...

textures\AzerothFootman.blp
war3mapImported\AzerothFootman.mdx
textures\AzerothFootman_Portrait.blp
war3mapImported\AzerothFootman_Portrait.mdx

Usually you are supposed to remove the 'war3imported\' from the path but I find it makes some model's not work.

Level 1
It works! Thank you! Do I do this for all models, I import? Or for some O need to change the path?

For the model files you don't need to touch the path (unless you are overwriting a current one, which is only done in specific cases). You usually only need to modify the texture (BLP) file's path. This applies to most models.

Some models may use in-game textures, however. For those, they will just come with a model (no texture). You simply import the model, save, assign it to an object, and you should be good to go. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.