• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dawn of Chaos model importing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm having trouble importing the models into my world editor from the DoC mpq. I know I'm following the procedure correctly because I've done this with other models many times, but I can't seem to get it to work properly this time. Probably because I don't know what the paths are, but it could be anything.

After I restart the editor and assign the model to a unit, the .mdl isn't loaded (according to the error message) and all I see when I try to place the unit is the black and green checkered cube.

If anyone knows what the paths are to import these models, could you please give them to me? It'd be much appreciated!

Level 2
Yes, I do. I never seek to do stuff like this without asking the original owner's permission first.

The thing is, I used to get the exact same issue when first starting out with other models and such, and not getting the import paths correct on those. I was hoping if anyone else had successfully imported these into their own maps, that they'd share what sort of paths they used in the hopes that that'd fix the issue.

Level 2
I'm not trying to extract maps though. I'm trying to import custom models that I got permission to use from a certain mod developer, into my own map. Unfortunately it seems the only models I've been able to get imported properly are the 2D building portraits.

If anyone else has used Dawn of Chaos mod resources in their maps successfully, could you PLEASE tell me how you managed it so I can do the same? I need these for a project I'm working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.