• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model importing trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I know this is a relatively common problem, but I am having issues importing certain(not all) models into my maps. I've imported about 300 models today, and about 20 of those didn't work, despite my re-importing them, or even downloading the model again and re-importing. Here are examples:

1. Downloaded Alleria model by Mc ! http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/1072/

2. Extracted .zip using WinRAR.

3. Imported contents of folder "Alleria" using World Editor Unlimited: Import Manager.

4. Renamed file paths. (deleted w3imported\)

5. Saved, exited WEU, restarted, loaded map.

6. Attempted to give a unit the model. In the main editor window it says "Could not load file Alleria.mdl" and shows a green and black checkered cube in place of the unit.

This also happened with:
The Naga Enchantress model by armel.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/1211/

The Ninja model by republicola (wth this is a commonly used model...).
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/33/

The Jedi Male model by olofmoleman.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/2274/

Many others.

These are all models I really need, so if anyone know what I'm doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate an impartation of your knowledge....(HALP!). I have no idea why it's only happening with certain models. My guess is that it has something to do with certain common .blp's like Clouds8x8Mod.blp, Black32.blp, and gutz.blp - these seem to be present in a good portion of the troublesome models, but if the model needed them, I have them imported as well, so...

Thank you for you time.

Level 32
  • Model and portrait files need no custom paths and should always remain: war3mapImported\filename.mdx

• Some models do require custom file paths for their associated texture files (skins). Such custom paths are show in red text on the model's resource download page.

• Using Alleria as an example, the Import Manager settings should be:
    Code:
    war3mapImported\Alleria.mdx
    war3mapImported\Alleria_portrait.mdx
    Textures\Alleria.blp

Level 2
Thank you

Alleria is working now, thank you. I guess I misread the importing rules. Only been editing 3 days, heh.

Level 1
uhm hello, I have an question like this.
I had alot of unit's model. however, when i import in WE, that still appear a green'n black cube. but on WC3 they work so good. I need it appear when i click on WE, because i had so many models, i can't remember all what was it. Please answer my question as soon as possible cause i get fin my map.

Level 32
Alleria is working now, thank you. I guess I misread the importing rules. Only been editing 3 days, heh.
Did you get the other models working OK? They follow the sme import prosedure: simply look for the red path on the model's download page then copy the path into the Import Manager.

... when i import in WE, that still appear a green'n black cube. but on WC3 they work so good. I need it appear when i click on WE, because i had so many models, i can't remember all what was it. Please answer my question as soon as possible cause i get fin my map.
Aye: Yoshi is correct. One must close and then reopen WE in order to view the models. Complete details and instructions are provided in : How to Import Custom Models

Level 1
ada yahoo! I said "Thanks" there are two way to solve my problems.
1st : ex my WC3 is : D:\WC3, then i put all import model in there . I will get all model i dun need to restart WEU.
2nd : Import then restart WEU.

However something else happen with me and i feel argry so much:ugly:. First if i chose 2ND and some model don't work will be crash WEU i have to reinstall WC3 ( OMG :spell_breaker:) . Second if I chose 1ST , oh that was hard way, I Imported 74 units and 132 Icon ( BTN ) then my WC3's folder bigger ( 2GB ).

Status
Not open for further replies.