• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I have my own Host Bot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there,

Since hostbots took over Battle.net and only host a restricted list of maps, it became impossible for new maps or new versions to emerge.

I'm a map creator and that restriction makes me sad. You might disagree, but for me, that really killed progress, fun and amateur map creators.

I'd like to have my own host bot that could host maps that I create on Bnet. How can I get my own host bot ?

I contacted websites such as GhostPanel, but it seems like nobody is working there anymore. Also even tho I know nothing about bots, it seems like Ghost bots became obsolete, am I right about that ?

I'm ok for renting a bot (I mean paying for it). I just would like to know how. How to have my own hostbot ?

Please let me know

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

After googling:

You need to have spare RoC + TFT keys and computer. As bot doesn't have to run the WC3 client, you can have garbage spec Linux server run it. Forward ports on the machine as you'd normally do, then run host bot software like GHost++.

Level 6
Well, generally speaking I would say it depends a bit on what you want to achieve with it.
Do you want to host your maps to friends and try it out with them?
Forward your ports and host yourself. Its for free.

Do you want to have a bot that hosts your map multiple times a day?
Get the GHost++ bot with an extra set of wc3 keys. You ALSO need to have your ports forwarded for this tho, and it only runs while your computer is running. I'm pretty sure there are guides to setting it up tho.

Do you want your maps to be seen and known and/or can't forward your ports?
This might be hard in any way you do it, but probably the best way would be to rent one or more hostbots that host only your maps 24/7 a day.
However, people do not test so many things these days and tend to play maps they know, or maybe even only join bots from services they know.

Last edited:
Level 3
Thank you for all your replies

I subscribed on GHostPanel.
I got GHost++ with extra ROC and TFT keys. Its ports should be able to host.

I can see my bot on Battle.net, but it isn't responding to my commands. It's only on "The Void" doing nothing.

I think something is wrong with the code. I tried following tutorials, but that didn't help.

I would like my bot to host that map named Micro Training 2018 that I set up on the map tab on GhostPanel.

What is wrong ? Why isn't my bot responding to me on Battle.net ?

I should just whisper it !autohost and it should host the map Micro Training 2018, right ?

Sorry I'm really bad at coding. Please tell me what is wrong. Btw the port 3306 is the one used by GHostPanel by default so I think it's correct and shouldnt be changed for 6113

# Admins
bot_rootadmins = auricgoldfinger
# Autohosting
autohost_maxgames = 2
autohost_startplayers = 10
autohost_gamename = Micro Training 2018
autohost_owner = auricgoldfinger
bot_defaultmap = Micro Training 2018
bot_hclfromgamename = 1
bot_allowdownloads = 1
# Network
tcp_nodelay = 1
# Database
db_type = mysql
db_mysql_server = nlams-mysql.ghostpanel.net
db_mysql_database = xxx
db_mysql_user = xxx
db_mysql_password = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
db_mysql_port = 3306

*I replaced ghost name and password by xxx for obvious reasons

Level 6
It's hard to know what exactly isn't working when not seeing your complete config. It could be the case that your commands are not running with "!". You should check if that is the case.
Also have you tried using other commands? There should be a list with all of its commands. Is it responding at all? And did doublecheck your name as admin?

Without seeing everything I can just take a guess.
But I'd say that you already gotten very far with setting it up, and it joining the battle.net, so I have the confidence in you that you will be able to fix these problems, maybe even without our help.

I did. They told me to suggest my maps, which I'm also doing at the moment, but I'd like to have my own bot in order to be independant even if I have to pay for it.

Please try to refrain from doubleposting, as it is not allowed. Thanks in advance!

Level 6
sorry to jump in but does any 1 know a web site with bots u can hire? i could use ghost but im aussie and people will get bad ping and not want to play the map i decide to host

This is what I found while googling. You could use this service OR get yourself a cheap vServer in a region of your choice and host as many bots via GHost++ (for example) on it as you'd like.
Given you have enough CD keys and space on the Server. Because every new bot needs a new pair of CDKeys. Makes it probably more expensive in the short run.
If you want full power on bots for a long time and you know what you're doing get yourself the vServer. If you don't want to bother a lot with setting the bots up, and don't want to invest into the CD-Keys yourself, use the service that I mentioned before. It seems that you can rent CD-Keys there.
Doing fast math: Renting them costs 2€ a month, and buying the keys legally from Blizzard costs 20€ one time. That means if you want to host for 11 months or longer, better make the investment and buy the keys, otherwise rent them.

I'm only speaking theoretically, I've never used that site and can't promise you that it works perfectly or is still running. The service says that it is "online" tho, so it looks good.

Level 15
good thing iv got 3 CD KEYS tho iv lost 2 of them ill have to get searching um can u find your CD KEY somwhere on the installation files of wc3?
i dont know much about vservers tho i could probs work out how to get ghost++ set up

Level 6
good thing iv got 3 CD KEYS tho iv lost 2 of them ill have to get searching um can u find your CD KEY somwhere on the installation files of wc3?
i dont know much about vservers tho i could probs work out how to get ghost++ set up

Well, I've heard and read that you can get your CDKeys out of the war3.mpq or the registry files. I can't confirm either of it, because I've never done it. And I would be careful with using tools that
"tell you what CDKeys you have installed" because there is a good chance that they just want to steal your keys and use them for themselves.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Well, I've heard and read that you can get your CDKeys out of the war3.mpq or the registry files. I can't confirm either of it, because I've never done it. And I would be careful with using tools that
"tell you what CDKeys you have installed" because there is a good chance that they just want to steal your keys and use them for themselves.
In the up-to-date version of Warcraft III (access Battle.net in Warcraft III to assure you have the newest version), keys are located in discrete files:

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-9_19-56-39.png
    upload_2018-3-9_19-56-39.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 215

pyf

pyf

Level 32
good thing iv got 3 CD KEYS tho iv lost 2 of them ill have to get searching um can u find your CD KEY somwhere on the installation files of wc3? [...]
What @BlueSaint said.

Applies to v1.28 and above:
Replacing Warcraft III CD Key Files

Level 7
Thank you for all your replies

I subscribed on GHostPanel.
I got GHost++ with extra ROC and TFT keys. Its ports should be able to host.

I can see my bot on Battle.net, but it isn't responding to my commands. It's only on "The Void" doing nothing.

I think something is wrong with the code. I tried following tutorials, but that didn't help.

I would like my bot to host that map named Micro Training 2018 that I set up on the map tab on GhostPanel.

What is wrong ? Why isn't my bot responding to me on Battle.net ?

I should just whisper it !autohost and it should host the map Micro Training 2018, right ?

Sorry I'm really bad at coding. Please tell me what is wrong. Btw the port 3306 is the one used by GHostPanel by default so I think it's correct and shouldnt be changed for 6113

# Admins
bot_rootadmins = auricgoldfinger
# Autohosting
autohost_maxgames = 2
autohost_startplayers = 10
autohost_gamename = Micro Training 2018
autohost_owner = auricgoldfinger
bot_defaultmap = Micro Training 2018
bot_hclfromgamename = 1
bot_allowdownloads = 1
# Network
tcp_nodelay = 1
# Database
db_type = mysql
db_mysql_server = nlams-mysql.ghostpanel.net
db_mysql_database = xxx
db_mysql_user = xxx
db_mysql_password = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
db_mysql_port = 3306

*I replaced ghost name and password by xxx for obvious reasons
config your rootadmins for the realm(s)
and, you cannot chat in The Void, have your bot join another channel, or use /w

Also, if you plan on renting your own VPS to setup a hostbot, it's a nontrivial task and will require like, at least 6/10 tech knowledge.
If you do not have that, and do not wish to spend a day or two to teach yourself that (possibly more, depending on how quick a learner you are), consider renting a windows VPS.

Oh and, if you plan on keeping your hostbot around I'd recommend you to purchase your own set of keys instead of renting them, it's much more cost-efficient

Last edited:
Level 6
@Selaya the problem with these bots is that as soon as I load the game I end seeing score board and no game at all. Do you know something else? I need some good bot that will stay on channel and can do public/private games

Level 6
from ghost panel. It say ghost, but like I said when load the map it gives score screen and game over

Status
Not open for further replies.