• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I add a model's animation to another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm making an Arena (or Gladiator map) and this is very important.

Like I want to add the Attack animations of the Footman or Tauren Chieftain to a Villager model so he would be like a gladiator chopping down opponents.

I used oinker's Anim Transfer but I don't know how to use it and I fail many times. I don't even know the proper 'Base' file and 'Animation' file to put.

I'm making an Arena (or Gladiator map) and this is very important.

Like I want to add the Attack animations of the Footman or Tauren Chieftain to a Villager model so he would be like a gladiator chopping down opponents.

I used oinker's Anim Transfer but I don't know how to use it and I fail many times. I don't even know the proper 'Base' file and 'Animation' file to put.

When using that EVIL tool called Anim transfer you need to take care of 3 things before using it.

First let me explein you what is the base model. A base model is that in which you want the animations to be transfered to. The animation Model is the oine that transfers the animations.

Now here's what you must do for making sure that a transfer be success:

1º This tool only transfers Bezier and Hermite keys, it won't transfer linear for some weird reason.

2º This tool only transfers animations from Helper to Helper. Helper to Bone, Bone to Helper and Bone to Bone may not work.

3º It only transfers animation keys among models with Equal Helper names, means that "Bone_Root" will only transfer to exactly "Bone_Root" and helpers like "Bone_root", "Bone_Main", etc won't recieve the new animation keys.

I hope this be clear, for the rest, just follow oinker's tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.