• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hour of Twilight [2.7]

3797b20d2760.png

Since the dawn of life on Azeroth, the imprisoned and sleeping Old Gods have been
whispering to the subconsciousness of mortal and eternal beings alike, subverting their
thoughts and feelings, and sometimes driving them to great malice, complete insanity,
or both.

A very ancient prophecy speaks of the Hour of Twilight, the final days of the world.
The time when the Old Gods come to the surface and cover Azeroth with their shadows:
"From their bodies will seep living matter, essences of nightmare, desecrating and changing
everything living on their way to their likeness".

Long live the Black Empire...

79244b1b8e6e.png
55dcbfb92550.png
00a2ad3a13eb.png
Awake
Mutate
Devastate

Summon the Old Gods
from the deeps and
enslave the world
to your control.

Command a unique
set of mutated units
and Heroes based on
standard races.

Fight against other
Old Gods for the right
to be the supreme ruler
of the enslaved world.

GAMEPLAY VIDEO:

CREDITS:

The Panda and he's Sunrise Forest map!
• I'm very grateful to Sin'dorei300, Azazzello, Ampharos_222, Mastro, NaserKingArthas, -Grendel for their models.
• I'm grateful to Spellbound for his VoidUI.
• All images and pictures in description drawn by Blizzard Entertainment!
If you have interesting ideas, found any bug or
just want to support my projects - please contact me.

Keywords:

World of Warcraft
Hour of Twilight

Previews
Contents

Hour of Twilight [v.2.6] (Map)

Level 23
Melee map as per usual metric; either a) balanced or b) wonderful visual/gameplay gimmick.

Personally, I disagree with the choice of having a single tree type for the entire map. That said, in this case it works and while it is all the same tree; the overall map aesthetic remains good regardless.
All in all, the terrain is well made; definitely one of the more interesting melee maps with custom terrain Ive seen in a while.

TLDR Version
– Melee map (custom creep camps, terrain models)
- I like the terrain colour scheme despite it looking very uniform in some areas.
~ Map Approved

Level 22
CHANGE LOG:

Added:
• Upload on Hiveworkshop

Added:
• "Night Vision" upgrade.
• "Natures Blessing" upgrade.
Fixed:
• Now you cant get 2 same Hero.

Added:
• "Mutation List" - press F12 to see which units are able for you this time.
Fixed:
• Now music are looping.

Fixed:
• 2 "Fatal Error" fixed.

Added:
• New research and ability "Liquidation" for Primordials.
• 8 Neutral Heroes to Overmind.
Changed:
• Some new Icons and Text changing
• Tavern replaced with Market.
Fixed:
• 1 "Fatal Error" fixed - removed "Grab Tree" ability from Mountain Giant.

Fixed:
• The fog is now much lighter.

Added:
• Information in Quest Log.

Download this version
Changed:
• Reducest lumber cost for Tongues from 80 to 45.
• Reworked Flesh Golem death animation.

Changed:
• New map for 4 players.
• New features.
• New units in Mercenary Camp.
• New UI.
• New Icons.

Changed:
• All import was recovered.

Added:
• New defensive structure.
• New mercenary - Ancient Blood.
• Graphic update - a lot of new decorations and fixing.
• Audio update - a lot of new sounds, like whispering and changing music channel.
Changed:
• New mercenary camp model.
• Mana Fountain was replaced with Life Fountains.
Fixed:
• Removed bug with looped sounds.
• New custom Win/Lose system by @Jampion.

Added:
• New models for some buildings.
• New shop system without bug
• New items in the middle shop
• New mercs
Fixed:
• Bug with remeaning parts of some buildings after destruction was fixed
• Rebalancing of mercs

Fixed:
• Many important bugs was fixed, thanks to my beta testers guys.

Fixed:
• Polished version with graphical fixes, bug fixes and item price edits.

Last edited:
Level 15
Here are some things that could be improved:

- The terrain is completely flat. You should use a click of "Noise" in the Terrain Palette per area on the whole map, and then "Smooth" it all.
- The tiling of the terrain is pretty random and doesn't follow any logic, though I can understand that, since making terrain for huge flat areas requires a lot of time and thinking if it isn't placed randomly, and there is no logic to follow. I even have such tiling on one of my maps.
- The purple fog is too strong and makes the map too dark. You should reduce it a little.
- Two same heroes can come up from the random hero choice. It is advisable to change it so that no two or three same heroes can come up.
- The buttons jump around and have strange placement, although I don't know if you could make them stable and to have good placement, since it's random units and upgrades.
- I like the map's idea, however it would be even better if the twilight units, upgrades and spells had something changed from the normal units, upgrades and spells, at least their look (except changing the units' colour to purple and giving them tentacles, which is already done) or even some other aspects.

Level 18
So this is what you were working on
Cheeky question: should there be a natures blessing upgrade if you get kotg as a random hero?

Random units are set at the beginning of the game right? I thought reading the tooltips that each time you build something it trains its own random units.
Maybe having some kind of command showing which units you got this game could be useful and make it a bit clearer.

Also, are units given completely randomly? Or is there some kind of rule, like "at least 1 siege unit", "at least 1 air unit" and so on.

@Alok
From what I've seen, the buildings custom models have no foundings, so on bumpy terrain they kind of float at the corners, not sure that is the reason tho; (also, the noise brush is really ugly, its brtter to just elevate tree areas and make paths a bit lower generally)
As for the randomness of the tiles, I am to blame, but I can assure you that it was not made without any thinking nor it was rushed. (you can message me if you want to know more^^)

Level 15
But about the same heroes - this is hypothesis, or is it real? Because the map have a special Triger responsible for it.
When I played I got 2 Demon Hunters.
(also, the noise brush is really ugly, its brtter to just elevate tree areas and make paths a bit lower generally)
That should do it too. Though the noise can be useful if you smooth it after. But it depends on what type of ground you are terraining.
As for the randomness of the tiles, I am to blame, but I can assure you that it was not made without any thinking nor it was rushed. (you can message me if you want to know more^^)
Ah, yes, I see, it's your map's terrain that he took and just changed the tiles. The tiling looks better on your map though.
I also don't understand why he flattened the map if it weren't for those buildings which don't have a base. He might want to ask some experienced modeller to add bases to them if he wants to bother changing that in the map.

Level 22

Lets talk about that ^^

Arr the Great Person who give me permission to use his Map said:
Should there be a natures blessing upgrade if you get kotg as a random hero?
Answer: Thx, i miss it. In Pach 1.1 it will be in "Overmind" (Alternative of Altars). It also should be said, that price will be much lower, becouse it upgrade only Treants.

Arrr the Great Person who give me permission to use his Map said:
Random units are set at the beginning of the game right?
Answer: Yep, it is. For both players own random mix.

Maybe having some kind of command showing which units you got this game?
Answer: I thought about it. Something come up in the next Patch.

Also, are units given completely randomly?
Answer: Yes... and No. At the start game give for you random unit list. But every unit have, lets call it "Tier". So u cant get for exmpl Footman, Ghoul and Archer, becouse they all are Tier 1 units. So it is random with a little bit logic, for the God of Balance.

As for the randomness of the tiles, I am to blame, but I can assure you that it was not made without any thinking nor it was rushed
Answer: Oh, come ooooon Guys! Its smth like.. surprise - Apocalypse! Everywhere the earth is covered with filthy slime, everything starts to degrade and defile. Do you really think that in this case the grass shall grow like a lawn? :D
Just remember how works Blight in Warcraft 3 - If you spread it, you can see how the grass in area disappears, and around blight several squares are covered with normal ground. The same is true in this case - we see only pieces of grass, which seemed to fade slowly, and soon everything will vanish. Death and Decay, guys, Death and Decay.

Alok said:
When I played I got 2 Demon Hunters.
Answer: What can I say - you are Lucky enought :) The chance is really miserable.
But O.K. i will fix it in the next Pach.

Alok said:
I also don't understand why he flattened the map if it weren't for those buildings which don't have a base. He might want to ask some experienced modeller to add bases to them if he wants to bother changing that in the map.
Answer: Yes, maybe. But we live in a Mad World, everyone have own problems and job :) So that's why I did not bother anyone on such trifles as my Maps.
Would i fix it in the next Pach 1.1? I dont really know, maybe a little bit. I think if you enjoy gameplay flatt terrain isnt a big deal.

So thank you for all. Soon i will upload new version, wait for more bugs. I do not want to get banned for frequent map updates.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I played this awesome map for about 3 times. I really like it and I am curious to see what will you make in the next update. 5/5!

Level 14
Very unique race for Old Gods :D, especially random copies of heroes we can possibly create. The atmosphere is great, too.

Can you change all hotkeys to Q, W, E, R.... that would be better playing this way.

Last edited:
Level 22
As always, the map both looks good and has a deep gameplay. Great job.

Hopefully you will get your Patreon going!
Hey, thank you a lot @JesusHipster! I'm pleased to hear something like that from you.

By the way guys, the gameplay part was changet, so if you like the old v.1.7 just check a Change Log - here you can find a link for downloading.

San

San

Level 32
The Mercenary camp looks unfitting to the theme(Not "tentacled", but spawns unique units. Hmm...
upload_2017-10-25_23-53-43.png
). I think you can replace them with a better model.
The music doesn't fit well with the atmosphere in my and my friends' opinion, not evil enough, not to the Old Gods.
Meaning no offense, but after getting amazed by your description, I was something expecting more.
Nevertheless this unique melee brought us a good time, keep up the great work.

Level 14
This is one awesome stuff man, I like the concept and some mini added mechanics. I also get the two mixed state of tension and relaxation from the music, it adds challenge to the game, it is like the player loses his mind in the tense of the fight. Oohh, silent hill, but I forgot if it is Elle's theme or Alessa's theme, title. But most of all, the terrain. I honestly don't have that kind of skill how to blend the tiles really well.

Keep it up, satyrlord. I look forward into this and more of yours! :)

Level 2
It's a awesome map but I have a question: do you design the Faceless Titan to have an Unlimited health growth? If you don't then this is a bug. The unit have it max health increased 2 point/s. A standard Titan have like near 800 health and Mine at the end game have 5000+ health.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_121517_113112_02.tga
    3 MB · Views: 80
  • WC3ScrnShot_121517_120400_04.tga
    3 MB · Views: 67
Level 22
Big update mates!

I'm glad to show it to you. I paid a lot of attention to the esthetic part of the map, and tried to immerse each player in the atmosphere of Hour of Twilight. Also, all known bugs were eliminated, and @Jampion wrote the code for the correct reproduction of the victory / defeat conditions.

Also, I'm glad to announce, that I have created Discord channel,
to make easier for you to play my Altered Melee maps.
I would be happy to see you in our small friendly community.

It's a awesome map but I have a question: do you design the Faceless Titan to have an Unlimited health growth? If you don't then this is a bug. The unit have it max health increased 2 point/s. A standard Titan have like near 800 health and Mine at the end game have 5000+ health.
Faceless Titan is intentional to have a load of health. Chims, Gryphons and Destroyers make short work of his health.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
1. Use the other Play Music trigger to play it as music not through the sound channel.
2. I suggest not using critters/doodad units which look the same as playable ones (e.g: sludge).
3. Well, the shop has just a change of model, nothing more...
4. You can build outside of the creep/blight.
5. Twilight Spire's Select User is not correctly placed. It should be the last icon on the lowest right.
6. There is no last tier building but the main construction can be upgraded only for the third hero I guess.
7. I was expecting a full custom race. It's more like random wars but the random is only once per game not per building.
8. Players have fixed start locations. That's not too good if you play in less than 4 players.