1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hour of Twilight [2.7]

Submitted by Maxwell
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]

Since the dawn of life on Azeroth, the imprisoned and sleeping Old Gods have been
whispering to the subconsciousness of mortal and eternal beings alike, subverting their
thoughts and feelings, and sometimes driving them to great malice, complete insanity,
or both.

A very ancient prophecy speaks of the Hour of Twilight, the final days of the world.
The time when the Old Gods come to the surface and cover Azeroth with their shadows:
"From their bodies will seep living matter, essences of nightmare, desecrating and changing
everything living on their way to their likeness".

Long live the Black Empire...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
Awake
Mutate
Devastate

Summon the Old Gods
from the deeps and
enslave the world
to your control.

Command a unique
set of mutated units
and Heroes based on
standard races.

Fight against other
Old Gods for the right
to be the supreme ruler
of the enslaved world.

GAMEPLAY VIDEO:

CREDITS:

The Panda and he's Sunrise Forest map!
• I'm very grateful to Sin'dorei300, Azazzello, Ampharos_222, Mastro, NaserKingArthas, -Grendel for their models.
• I'm grateful to Spellbound for his VoidUI.
• All images and pictures in description drawn by Blizzard Entertainment!

[​IMG]
If you have interesting ideas, found any bug or
just want to support my projects - please contact me.

Keywords:

World of Warcraft
Hour of Twilight

Previews
Contents

Hour of Twilight [v.2.6] (Map)

1. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Melee map as per usual metric; either a) balanced or b) wonderful visual/gameplay gimmick.

Personally, I disagree with the choice of having a single tree type for the entire map. That said, in this case it works and while it is all the same tree; the overall map aesthetic remains good regardless.
    All in all, the terrain is well made; definitely one of the more interesting melee maps with custom terrain Ive seen in a while.

2. Maxwell

Maxwell

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    CHANGE LOG:

Version 1.0

Added:
    • Upload on Hiveworkshop
    Version 1.1

Added:
    • "Night Vision" upgrade.
    • "Natures Blessing" upgrade.
    Fixed:
    • Now you cant get 2 same Hero.
    Version 1.2

Added:
    • "Mutation List" - press F12 to see which units are able for you this time.
    Fixed:
    • Now music are looping.
    Version 1.3

Fixed:
    • 2 "Fatal Error" fixed.
    Version 1.4

Added:
    • New research and ability "Liquidation" for Primordials.
    • 8 Neutral Heroes to Overmind.
    Changed:
    • Some new Icons and Text changing
    • Tavern replaced with Market.
    Fixed:
    • 1 "Fatal Error" fixed - removed "Grab Tree" ability from Mountain Giant.
    Version 1.5

Fixed:
    • The fog is now much lighter.
    Version 1.6

Added:
    • Information in Quest Log.
    Version 1.7

Download this version
    Changed:
    • Reducest lumber cost for Tongues from 80 to 45.
    • Reworked Flesh Golem death animation.
    Version 1.8

Changed:
    • New map for 4 players.
    • New features.
    • New units in Mercenary Camp.
    • New UI.
    • New Icons.
    Version 1.9

Changed:
    • All import was recovered.
    Version 2.3

Added:
    • New defensive structure.
    • New mercenary - Ancient Blood.
    • Graphic update - a lot of new decorations and fixing.
    • Audio update - a lot of new sounds, like whispering and changing music channel.
    Changed:
    • New mercenary camp model.
    • Mana Fountain was replaced with Life Fountains.
    Fixed:
    • Removed bug with looped sounds.
    • New custom Win/Lose system by @Jampion.
    Version 2.4

Added:
    • New models for some buildings.
    • New shop system without bug
    • New items in the middle shop
    • New mercs
    Fixed:
    • Bug with remeaning parts of some buildings after destruction was fixed
    • Rebalancing of mercs
    Version 2.5

Fixed:
    • Many important bugs was fixed, thanks to my beta testers guys.
    Version 2.7

Fixed:
    • Polished version with graphical fixes, bug fixes and item price edits.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  3. Alok

Alok

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Here are some things that could be improved:

- The terrain is completely flat. You should use a click of "Noise" in the Terrain Palette per area on the whole map, and then "Smooth" it all.
    - The tiling of the terrain is pretty random and doesn't follow any logic, though I can understand that, since making terrain for huge flat areas requires a lot of time and thinking if it isn't placed randomly, and there is no logic to follow. I even have such tiling on one of my maps.
    - The purple fog is too strong and makes the map too dark. You should reduce it a little.
    - Two same heroes can come up from the random hero choice. It is advisable to change it so that no two or three same heroes can come up.
    - The buttons jump around and have strange placement, although I don't know if you could make them stable and to have good placement, since it's random units and upgrades.
    - I like the map's idea, however it would be even better if the twilight units, upgrades and spells had something changed from the normal units, upgrades and spells, at least their look (except changing the units' colour to purple and giving them tentacles, which is already done) or even some other aspects.

4. Maxwell

Maxwell

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alok, I'll take the advices to the attention. But about the same heroes - this is hypothesis, or is it real? Because the map have a special Triger responsible for it.

5. Arrr

Arrr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So this is what you were working on
    Cheeky question: should there be a natures blessing upgrade if you get kotg as a random hero?

Random units are set at the beginning of the game right? I thought reading the tooltips that each time you build something it trains its own random units.
    Maybe having some kind of command showing which units you got this game could be useful and make it a bit clearer.

Also, are units given completely randomly? Or is there some kind of rule, like "at least 1 siege unit", "at least 1 air unit" and so on.

@Alok
    From what I've seen, the buildings custom models have no foundings, so on bumpy terrain they kind of float at the corners, not sure that is the reason tho; (also, the noise brush is really ugly, its brtter to just elevate tree areas and make paths a bit lower generally)
    As for the randomness of the tiles, I am to blame, but I can assure you that it was not made without any thinking nor it was rushed. (you can message me if you want to know more^^)

6. Alok

Alok

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    When I played I got 2 Demon Hunters.
    That should do it too. Though the noise can be useful if you smooth it after. But it depends on what type of ground you are terraining.
    Ah, yes, I see, it's your map's terrain that he took and just changed the tiles. The tiling looks better on your map though.
    I also don't understand why he flattened the map if it weren't for those buildings which don't have a base. He might want to ask some experienced modeller to add bases to them if he wants to bother changing that in the map.

7. Maxwell

Maxwell

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Lets talk about that ^^

Answer: Thx, i miss it. In Pach 1.1 it will be in "Overmind" (Alternative of Altars). It also should be said, that price will be much lower, becouse it upgrade only Treants.

Answer: Yep, it is. For both players own random mix.

Answer: I thought about it. Something come up in the next Patch.

Answer: Yes... and No. At the start game give for you random unit list. But every unit have, lets call it "Tier". So u cant get for exmpl Footman, Ghoul and Archer, becouse they all are Tier 1 units. So it is random with a little bit logic, for the God of Balance.

Answer: Oh, come ooooon Guys! Its smth like.. surprise - Apocalypse! Everywhere the earth is covered with filthy slime, everything starts to degrade and defile. Do you really think that in this case the grass shall grow like a lawn? :D
    Just remember how works Blight in Warcraft 3 - If you spread it, you can see how the grass in area disappears, and around blight several squares are covered with normal ground. The same is true in this case - we see only pieces of grass, which seemed to fade slowly, and soon everything will vanish. Death and Decay, guys, Death and Decay.

Answer: What can I say - you are Lucky enought :) The chance is really miserable.
    But O.K. i will fix it in the next Pach.

Answer: Yes, maybe. But we live in a Mad World, everyone have own problems and job :) So that's why I did not bother anyone on such trifles as my Maps.
    Would i fix it in the next Pach 1.1? I dont really know, maybe a little bit. I think if you enjoy gameplay flatt terrain isnt a big deal.

So thank you for all. Soon i will upload new version, wait for more bugs. I do not want to get banned for frequent map updates.

8. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nobody ban frequent map updates after approval.

9. Maxwell

Maxwell

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Last update dated by 1-st February. What's a problem?

10. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nothing. It's just that you mentioned that "I do not want to get banned for frequent map updates."
    Well, you won't get banned for frequently updating your maps. It's just that as per the system mechanic, they only bump the map if they're updated after 14 days. Just saying.

11. Maxwell

Maxwell

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Оh, sorry. I forgot that I write it ^^

12. Feed_Me

Feed_Me

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, atmospherically. By the way I love this music from Silent Hill :D

13. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I played this awesome map for about 3 times. I really like it and I am curious to see what will you make in the next update. 5/5!

14. Maxwell

Maxwell

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you so much for such a great rating :3
    It should be said that i want to know your opinion about other maps of my project :)

15. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I will see them too :)

16. MouMou

MouMou

Resources:
    Resources:
    Interesting map.

17. Maxwell

Maxwell

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Grateful.

18. ArchDuke

ArchDuke

Resources:
    Resources:
  19. Maxwell

Maxwell

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    ...It seemed to you, I don't know what you mean...