• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hour of the Twillight

Sunreaver Presents

Hour of the Twilight
Created by Sunreaver

Map Info:

Another map made by me, featuring the Twilight Forces of the Old Gods
The Race is like a combine playstyle of Undead & Night Elf
Be sure to try and enjoy it

Features:

A new custom race[Twilight Forces]
New Items
A variety of New Heroes:
Harbinger of Death, Molten Commander, Twilight Vanguard & Windlord

Some else stuff about map:

As all my maps have a food limit of 150
Map is made from Blizzards [Bloodvenom Falls]
Controlled Gold Mines if destroy are dead and u need to find new mines to be control
Controlled Gold Mines will not deplete its gold but slowly conjuring gold

Screenshots and Videos:

Image Description:
Some Screenies

232090-albums6704-picture96042.png

Change Log:

Added:
  • More Gold to gold mine
  • items that are new
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Removed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Fixed:
  • all stuff told by fury
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Changed:
  • some unit stats
  • better regeneration rate for towers
  • tweak abberations

Added:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Removed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Fixed:
  • All bugs thanks to Shadow Fury help
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Changed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Added:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Removed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Fixed:
  • all stuff except control gold the triggers won't work out
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Changed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Credits:
Heinvers, Ujimasa Hojo, Misha, Darkfang, 67Chrome, Cakemaster, Blizzard Entertainment, Edge45, Sindorei300, Sellenisko, Kwaliti, supertoinkz, PROXY, takakenji, Just_Spectating, Radagast, Direfury, WA666R
I miss a lot more if u see your resource in my map please tell me and u will be added to credits[help is greatly appreciated]

Author's notes:

Be sure to try it
Please report bugs

[Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Twilight, dARKNESS, VOID, WARCRAFT
Contents

Hour of the Twillight (Map)

Reviews
21:20, 7th Jun 2015 Shadow Fury: An interesting altered melee map presenting an unique faction. The race offers a diverse way of handling economy and manipulating your army. The heroes have interesting and enjoyable skills, the units (even including...

M

21:20, 7th Jun 2015
Shadow Fury: An interesting altered melee map presenting an unique faction. The race offers a diverse way of handling economy and manipulating your army. The heroes have interesting and enjoyable skills, the units (even including the workers!) have great abilities and overall the game feels balanced when playing this race. For those reasons, the map is approved with a rating of 4/5. Good job, after several updates, the shiny glorious day of approval has finally come!

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Unofficial Review

Aesthetics and Visuals

The terrain is very simple, as it is an altered melee map I didn't expect something special. Designed like many other default Blizzard maps, the terrain is nothing special, maybe even a bit worse, depending on whether you created this map yourself or whether it is based on a default melee map.

Now, more important, the custom content.
The chosen icons are actually gorgeous to view and very well chosen, matching the corresponding units and their effect, if they are used for an ability. Therefore I was a bit disappointed that Harbinger uses the default Death Coil icon ( I played as Twilight Forces).
The units design is well chosen, too, and matches the general theme of the race.
Tho, I think the buildings use a bit too much red ( if being Player Red), the TC parts are very odd to view on. You could reduce it a bit and add some shading so they don't look so flat and shapeless, the TC parts.
The only unit I noticed that does not much the whole Forces, that's the Air Descendent, the building worker. His blue and teal colours totally clash with the red and chaos theme of the rest.

I think you greatly re-created the feeling being part of the Twilight forces, although Harbingers movement speed reminds me of a jumping dog.

Gameplay

The first minutes, the gameplay feels strange. The race is able to train five weak units at once, has strange worker distribution.
After some time one gets into it, but there are a few points I would like to take a look on.
The heroes have many AoE abilities, I think the Twilight Forces are too overpowered against mass armies as they easily wipe out whole battalions.
Also, some spell effects are not appropriate towards their area of damage dealt, like Harbingers first ability. Its flames are bigger than the area in which the damage is dealt, resulting into confusion.
Also, the Cultist, if ordered to gain gold, it occurs that the gold mine has to be corrupted, which is not true, partly.
Also, I think the gold output might be a bit too high, I never had any gold problems while raising armies.
Additionally, I would suggest you to add the category 'Worker' to the Air Ascendant.
Please also fix the Quest Log, there are some little mistakes like 'Hienvers' and a ';' that seems misplaced. You could also split up the text for Credits to give it a better look.
I also think it is weird that Druid of the Flame uses no damage and armor upgrades, I cannot recall whether the default Talon one uses them, but I think it is strange.

Result

Hour of the Twillight is an interesting altered melee map for everyone who always wanted to be the Evil of Azeroth. It offers interesting army build strategies as well as many tactical options.
Although it has some little, very little flaws, I think it is a good map that offers great gameplay.

As I am not experienced with Altered Melee map standards, I do not vote or rate.

Level 18
Unofficial Review

Aesthetics and Visuals

The terrain is very simple, as it is an altered melee map I didn't expect something special. Designed like many other default Blizzard maps, the terrain is nothing special, maybe even a bit worse, depending on whether you created this map yourself or whether it is based on a default melee map.

Now, more important, the custom content.
The chosen icons are actually gorgeous to view and very well chosen, matching the corresponding units and their effect, if they are used for an ability. Therefore I was a bit disappointed that Harbinger uses the default Death Coil icon ( I played as Twilight Forces).
The units design is well chosen, too, and matches the general theme of the race.
Tho, I think the buildings use a bit too much red ( if being Player Red), the TC parts are very odd to view on. You could reduce it a bit and add some shading so they don't look so flat and shapeless, the TC parts.
The only unit I noticed that does not much the whole Forces, that's the Air Descendent, the building worker. His blue and teal colours totally clash with the red and chaos theme of the rest.

I think you greatly re-created the feeling being part of the Twilight forces, although Harbingers movement speed reminds me of a jumping dog.

Gameplay

The first minutes, the gameplay feels strange. The race is able to train five weak units at once, has strange worker distribution.
After some time one gets into it, but there are a few points I would like to take a look on.
The heroes have many AoE abilities, I think the Twilight Forces are too overpowered against mass armies as they easily wipe out whole battalions.
Also, some spell effects are not appropriate towards their area of damage dealt, like Harbingers first ability. Its flames are bigger than the area in which the damage is dealt, resulting into confusion.
Also, the Cultist, if ordered to gain gold, it occurs that the gold mine has to be corrupted, which is not true, partly.
Also, I think the gold output might be a bit too high, I never had any gold problems while raising armies.
Additionally, I would suggest you to add the category 'Worker' to the Air Ascendant.
Please also fix the Quest Log, there are some little mistakes like 'Hienvers' and a ';' that seems misplaced. You could also split up the text for Credits to give it a better look.
I also think it is weird that Druid of the Flame uses no damage and armor upgrades, I cannot recall whether the default Talon one uses them, but I think it is strange.

Result

Hour of the Twillight is an interesting altered melee map for everyone who always wanted to be the Evil of Azeroth. It offers interesting army build strategies as well as many tactical options.
Although it has some little, very little flaws, I think it is a good map that offers great gameplay.

As I am not experienced with Altered Melee map standards, I do not vote or rate.

Thank u for your kind words+ rep

Level 21
Here's a review listing all bugs and problems:

1- The gold mine is never consumed. It stays at its fixed value which means that I do not need expansion sites. This is just too unbalanced and unfair. Additionally, that +25 gold is too much. I get very rich too quickly and I manage to upgrade the main building, Whisperer's Sanctum, to its tier 2 before even attacking the first creep camp with my just-summoned hero while also having a good army of Twilight Combatants and Lava Elementals. I suggest decreasing the gold given or increasing the time interval

2- Rampagers can cast Brutish Charge yet if two Rampagers cast this skill in the same moment, they overlap, causing both units to go to the same location. You should use array "Point" variables such that if Point[1] is being used, you utilize Point[2]. If Point[2] is used, you go for Point[3] and so on.

3- The Black Drakes' passive skill, Molten Flame, causes terrible lag, especially if there is more than one Black Drake attacking. This is due to the repetition of the special effect "doom". You should limit that to maxiumum 2 of them

4- Nerfeset Eradicator is too cheap for its power and Twilight Combatants are totally useless in early games, even in their blocks. I'm certain that if I get 15 of them, a bunch of tier 1 units of any race can ultimately destroy them all. Even worse if an enemy hero has an AoE spell... With such low HP (115), they can get killed very quickly. Only the research makes them more useful but by the time I'll manage to research it, we'll already be in late game (it requires tier 3) and I may not need them anymore. Additionally, it happens that if I have, for example, food 14/15 and I train one Twilight Combatant, the food rises to 19/15. That's bad, really. You should check via triggers that when I train a Twilight Combatant, enough food is available. Otherwise, you just cancel the order to train and refund the gold paid

5- The icon for "Sacrifice Soul" of Culists turns green when I pause. As you well know, this is an infraction to the rules therefore you must fix this issue instantly. It's either finding the DISBTN icon or swapping it with another one

6- The Twilight Spire is too cheap for 15 food. I'd suggest increasing its cost or simply setting the food provided to 10

7- Items aren't really innovative. Copying old ones mostly is not a very original idea. I recommend adding different potions and scrolls, just keep the Scroll of Town Portal and the Orb

8- Abberation doesn't have mana, how come he will cast "Tangle" which costs 75 mana?

Those are all the issues I managed to find in two games I played. The race really looks cool and unique but you really require to fix the bugs and make the race more balanced. For now, this gets 2/5 and is set to needs fix till further updates.

Level 18
Did u even read the description about the gold mine they are not consume they are like wisp controling trees to get gold but not hurting it.
Million starting gold is for long gameplay same like my other maps.
The dragons fire effect din't cause any lag to my comp but I will change soon

Level 21
Did u even read the description about the gold mine they are not consume they are like wisp controling trees to get gold but not hurting it.
Million starting gold is for long gameplay same like my other maps.
The dragons fire effect din't cause any lag to my comp but I will change soon

I already told you what is the problem with that. I won't need any expansion gold mine when doing that so the other gold mines you've put are totally useless and the game itself cannot be called "melee game" anymore. If every player has an almost infinite supply of gold, the game becomes too boring. I don't have to risk to expand and getting sieged right after doing so thus ruining the excitement of the game.
About the Black Drakes, using one does not cause lag but using multiple ones does cause lag. In addition, when one Black Drake is used in battle, lag still occurs.

Level 17
Update? I Might make a new review for this.

EDIT:Arad MNK's Unofficial Review
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Hour of Twilight
by Sunreaver/Feathermoon
--Mini Review
Gameplay

BUG: Checking ''Random Hero'' Makes Bannes you from becoming
Twilight Forces of the Old Gods.
Well, At first it was Confusing. Like: ''How can I Get gold? How can I Get Lumber? Build? Get a Hero?''
I Think you should add some Description to the Dialogue.
Otherwise, It is a Fun Gameplay.

49/60 ----> (High Score from a Critical person like me)
Object Editor:

The Tooltips were created professionally. However, Why isn't there any ''Ultimate'' Buildings? (e.g. Tauren totem, Chimera Roost, Gryphon aviary and Boneyard) If so, (I Think
Ogre Mound
right?) They should have the requirement:
Terrific Sanctum
, Not
Horrific Sanctum.
BUG: The
Wind-Hero's
Abilty Lightning Strike
has no Cooldown.
''In-game'', You Should add ''.'' at the End of All Sentences. I Spotted some. (e.g. that 5 Dwarves)

23/30 ----> (REALLY High Score from a Critical person like me)
Presentation:

You used a Default Template from a Tutorial. Nothing Here. However Using ''u'' is Bad. Surely use ''You'' instead of that and Things similar to that.

7/10

Total Score: 79/100

--Suggestions
NONE

--VERDICT
79/100 = 3.95/5^ = 4/5; Vote for Approval!
Good job!

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/
Alternate Map Submission Rules
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif

Last edited: