• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

HoTS Muradin

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Muradin and Magni variants. Ripped directly from the HoTS game files. Custom Teamcolor. SD Compatible. Added basic death animation from WC3 since HoTS does not have death animations.

6/23/2023 - Sped up the windup frames of the attack animations, optimized keyframes, corrected animation names, added more contrast+brightness to the Muradin texture to reduce flatness.
6/25/2023 - Optimized model resulting in a significantly smaller file size and polygon count.

Special Thanks:
Razorclaw_X for posting the basic framework to port HoTS models.
Solstice245 and Talv of SC2Mapster for updating m3addon for Blender.
Retera for Retera's Model Studio.
Twilac for mdlexport for Blender and their fork of Retera's Model Studio.
Symphoneum for help, ideas, and moral support.
Dennis Herrman for posting a video on combining multiple actions into one sequence with markers for each animation in Blender.
Talv of SC2mapster for the method of importing HoTS files into Blender

Will eventually port Vanndar and Ymirjar variants but these are the most useful for WC3 mapping.
Contents

Buttons - Magni (Icon)

Buttons - Mountain King (Icon)

Magni (Model)

Mountain King (Model)

Level 12
I think the timing on the attack animations should be adjusted a bit to remove the build up time and make the animations smoother as the wind-up seems a bit exaggerated.
Thanks for the feedback - Sped up the windup frames of the attack animations, optimized keyframes (saved about 500KB per model), corrected animation names, added more contrast+brightness to the Muradin texture to reduce flatness.

Last edited:
Level 11
It lacks Portrait Animations, but i remember that one of the HOTS and SC2 mods made a mix of War 3 and HOTS into it that turned out to be great.

But i think they all are at the chaos website and wcu discord