• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hosting with 1.24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys. I'm having problems with hosting maps with the new patch 1.24.

When I try to host a map an error appears saying: "the game was not found"

Some maps work (WoW Arena Allstars 1.3) but some don't (Swat Aftermath: 1.10)

I heard it's because of the improvements with the WE so these maps which were saved with the old version of the WE can't be hosted with the new version of WC. I also heard you can fix this by editing the old maps with the new WE but the problem is that most maps are protected...

Can anyone help me please?

And if the creator of Swat reads this, please update your map so I can play it with my friends again :p
I'm playing it with an older cracked version of WC over hamachi atm but we have some serious lag problems... (I also bought WC, so don't yell at me...)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Just play the fixed unoffical version of SWAT am beta and wait for redscull to be less busy to make an offical fix. Its the exact same as the lattest beta but 2 people patched it up for us to be 1.24 complient.

Get it from the azeroth battlenet server, host bots host it there.

I used to update the map on this site but can not anymore so I get Rui to update it every offical version that is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.