• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.24 errors on empty map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ok, so I understand that Blizzard messed up horribly and the script parser will often reject custom maps that don't use the return bug, but I am still at a loss to explain how a completely empty map with no triggers whatsoever still generates errors when saving in WE.

Could anyone tell me what is going on here? Yes, I'm using version 1.24 of the WE. Attached is the map, plus a screenshot of what happens whenever I try to save.

Attachments

• scripterror124.png
    scripterror124.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 155
  • empty.w3m
    15.1 KB · Views: 57
Level 6
Exactly. One idea I had is that it might be using the wrong files for common.j and blizzard.j, but I can't figure out how that could possibly happen, or how to fix it if that is really the problem.

By the way, I am using the normal WE, and it is a completely empty map, generated by the WE with the new map option.

Edit: Nevermind. I figured out that any files placed in
C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Scripts
automatically overrides the normal Warcraft Files (including those in War3Patch.mpq), regardless of settings. I fixed it by putting an up to date version of Blizzard.j in the scripts folder.

I thought that only script files imported to the map itself were parsed, but I guess it doesn't work that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.