1. Let's participate in the Texturing Contest #28 - Swamp Dwellers instead of sitting around getting covered in moss!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cast a vote for the best warrior in the Concept Art Contest #11 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don't be stagnant - embrace change! The time has come to evolve and join the Techtree Contest #12 - Evolution.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. On May 20th a new law about privacy and data processing comes into work in the EU. I am no lawyer and I need help figuring out if we comply and if not, what we must do about it. Please message me if you can provide any assistance. Read more. Ralle
    Dismiss Notice
  5. I have disabled the media section until further notice. The latest downtimes on the site has been due to severely inefficient coding on the addon developer's part. Want it back? Register here and like my post.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Join us in our custom games night on Saturday, June 2nd. We'll see you on Battle.net and Discord!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The Cinematic Contest #7 results are up!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Music Contest #10 Retro is out! Join us for some retro/vintage fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Hosted Projects Unveiling

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Wareditor, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Wareditor

Wareditor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Today we are announcing two new Hosted Projects!
    The Legends of Arkain Series & Island Troll Tribes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Legends of Arkain is a singleplayer campaign series focusing on RTS elements with various factions waging war on each other. It is up to you, the player, to choose your side. Step forth! The great nations and personalities of Arkain await you.

[​IMG]
    Island Troll Tribes combines survival and PvP melee combat in a fight to the death for domination of the islands. Players can join together on teams of up to six players per tribe, or even go head to head. You need to fight for survival against the environment and enemy trolls while gathering resources to build up your strength.

This is my first post as a Community Manager. For those who don't know me, I have been on the Hive for years because of my deep love for Warcraft 3. Two years ago, I started mapping again and since then I have been coming here daily. As unexcepted as it was for me, I am really glad to have become part of the staff. I have been enjoying this community for years and it's time to give back. Let's have a great time together!
    Yours truly,
    Wareditor.

2. Wareditor

Wareditor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Legends of Arkain is a singleplayer campaign series focusing on RTS elements with various factions waging war on each other. It is up to you, the player, to choose your side. Step forth! The great nations and personalities of Arkain await you.

➤ THREE UNIQUE STORYLINES

[​IMG]
    All preview screens were made by Heinvers

Take control of one of the powerful factions, the proud Humans of the Empire and the Kingdoms, the plundering and strong Orc Clans or the mysterious Undead Nexus and their endless army of the dead, and face the demonic invasion as well as other struggles that await you. Three alternate timelines with events overlapping with each other, all taking place in the same core universe.

You'll have the opportunity to decide things, that affect the storyline, characters and sometimes even the chapters you play or how you have to play them. By doing or, well, not doing certain side quests, you can also affect the story. The choice is yours to make!

➤ STRATEGIC COMBAT EXPERIENCE AND INTELLIGENT CHALLENGES

[​IMG]
    The Combat is really intense

Recruit your armies, gather your allies and heroes and lead them to battle. It is up to you to find the best strategy to deal with your enemies.
    Command units you already know, as well as completely new units with new upgrades and abilities.

You can play the campaign in either easy, normal or hard difficulty, just like in the original WC3 campaigns. It will impact on the AI difficulty and scripting as well as other minor changes.
 In easy version, for example, the AI won't rebuild lost buildings. Every single AI is written in Jass instead of being created with the AI editor. This makes the AI more intelligent.

➤ THE AUTHOR'S WORDS

[​IMG]

➤ MEDIA

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

➤ IMPORTANT LINKS

Hosted Project Forum
    Downloads

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  3. Wareditor

Wareditor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Island Troll Tribes combines survival and PvP melee combat in a fight to the death for domination of the islands. Players can join together on teams of up to six players per tribe, or even go head to head. You need to fight for survival against the environment and enemy trolls while gathering resources to build up your strength.

➤ A FUN PVP MAP WITH A DEEP GAMEPLAY

[​IMG] Taz'dingo!

You can carve out your own way on these tropical islands, whether thats base building, hunting, thieving, exploring, brewing, or dominating the other tribes, the choice is yours.

However, the real core of the map is the classes. Each of them are uniquely crafted. They each have a strongly identified gameplay. There are 7 basic classes, but each of them can evolve after reaching a certain level to a new more powerful form (twice!).

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The 7 basic classes

➤ A STRONG COMMUNITY

[​IMG]
    A discord, a website, a wiki and even more...

Island Troll Tribes has a tight knit community which has been vital to its continued evolution as a foundational custom game on battle.net. If you don't know, Island Troll Tribes has been around for more than a decade! So There is a strong dedication from the fans and the developers. You can really feel the love for the game in this community. It's really what makes the game so great to play.

➤ THE AUTHOR'S WORDS

[​IMG]

➤ MEDIA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

➤ IMPORTANT LINKS

Hosted Project Forum
    Download
    Discord

4. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Congrats both of you. :)

5. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looking great. Good job!

6. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  7. Jayborino

Jayborino

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just curious, what does it mean for LoA now that it is 'hosted'?

EDIT: Ok, I think I understand - hosted projects get their own sub-forum!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  8. FeruEnzeruJKun

FeruEnzeruJKun

Resources:
    Resources:
  9. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Congrats to the both of you:
    :thumbs_up:
    :thumbs_up:

10. lekxman22

lekxman22

Resources:
    Resources:
  11. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thank god. Now I can stop having to delete off-topic posts in the Arkain thread.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  12. FhelZone

FhelZone

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Island Troll Tribes One of my favorite maps. Not much of a positive change though.

13. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
  14. maxxxus

maxxxus

Resources:
    Resources:
    i don't understand well. i could modify this maps personally, or this is a joint project? i wanna help about LoA storyline and lore.

15. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's a news about these projects becoming hosted projects of The Hive Workshop.

16. maxxxus

maxxxus

Resources:
    Resources:
    sorry if i don't understand well, but what means a "hosted project" specifically?

17. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It gets a sub forum of it's own.

18. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    @maxxxus

A hosted project is a project that:

1) Has high quality and is being continously worked on by its author, so there's a good chance that it will be completed.
    2) Is being promoted by Hiveworkshop and is given its own subforum.

Well, technically you can modify any project that is not protected, but you generally should always ask the original author for permission to edit his work, even if you modify it purely for your personal use. Also, keep in mind that you absolutely should not edit someone else's work and upload it online without said permission.

The fact that the project is hosted doesn't say anything about how many people are working on it.
    It also doesn't suggest in any way that the author(-s) are looking for additional team members or help.

Personally, I don't really think the story and lore of Legends of Arkain need any help, but if you have any suggestions or ideas, you should probably just post them in one of the forum threads about the project or start your own thread in the LoA subforum.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  19. maxxxus

maxxxus

Resources:
    Resources:
    @MasterBlaster thx for your response. now i know how this works. i hope i could be helpfull

20. Regno

Regno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nicely done. Tried both maps - definitely something I will enjoy playing for a long time.