• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hosted Project Update: Warden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
748_1.png

starglade-preview-png.260243

WardenSmallSS.jpg
114801-21ffae7762e3ea54bb2bf6c16778cd6f_tn2.jpg
WardenSmallBB.jpg

WardenSmallFT.jpg
Update #34
In this version of Warden, I have made various improvements to terrain, visual feedback and responsiveness.
Most importantly, I have implemented the ideas that was suggested by players most frequently:

What people felt like the project was missing the most, was the feeling of progress not being present.
That ended up turning the project into the beginning of a campaign, with cross map transitions, like in the Rexxar campaign!

Many thought that it would be better to play the game in a more classic way, with the cursor.
That made me create an optional system for cursor movement, based on the arrowkey system!

Players wanted to get familiar with the game, but a story was not really present, only fragments of a vague script.
The beginning of a dark and depressing story is now present in the first campaign mission!

STARGLADE.png

This update also adds an overmap called Starglade which is Willow and Shalis' home.
This is how it looked a little more than 10000 years before the events of Reign of Chaos, before this paradise on earth turned into the dreaded area of Felwood.
From Starglade, you will be able to travel to and from three submaps: Solen's Sanctuary, Bonechiller Burrow and Forest Temple.

More information can be found by clicking the link below!
WardenDownload2.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Awesome, awesome and awesome! You finally decided to create a story for your mod and also to improve the beauty of the terrain. The gameplay was already exciting and challenging which is exactly how it must be. With better visuals, the Warden project will be even better. Good job! :D

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

No doubt is a story important for a single player map, nice to see you work on it.

And yeah, WC3 was made for cursor movement, the keyboard events have some delay iirc.

Level 16
This has got to be one of the most aesthetically pleasing campaigns I have ever played, the Starglade level is beautiful, plus the "lost woods" song from Ocarina of time makes it even more satisfying, great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.