1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Participate in Blizzard's Public Test Realm to give them feedback on the upcoming patches. Info is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Take part in forum poll and decide the winner of Icon Contest #16!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Congratulate the winners of the first ATC contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Zwiebelchen is hosting a special UI texturing contest. Whomever wins will get a $150 reward through paypal! Come along and draw your texturing tools for the Fantastic Adventurer UI contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Sneak, pickpocket and assassinate! Create a stealth map in Mini-Mapping Contest #14!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Music Contest #8 - Hive Soundtrack is up! Create the soundtrack for the upcoming videos of Hive Workshop's YouTube Channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Hosted Project Update: Warden

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Rufus, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Rufus

Rufus

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Update #34
    In this version of Warden, I have made various improvements to terrain, visual feedback and responsiveness.
    Most importantly, I have implemented the ideas that was suggested by players most frequently:

What people felt like the project was missing the most, was the feeling of progress not being present.
    That ended up turning the project into the beginning of a campaign, with cross map transitions, like in the Rexxar campaign!

Many thought that it would be better to play the game in a more classic way, with the cursor.
    That made me create an optional system for cursor movement, based on the arrowkey system!

Players wanted to get familiar with the game, but a story was not really present, only fragments of a vague script.
    The beginning of a dark and depressing story is now present in the first campaign mission!

STARGLADE.png
    This update also adds an overmap called Starglade which is Willow and Shalis' home.
    This is how it looked a little more than 10000 years before the events of Reign of Chaos, before this paradise on earth turned into the dreaded area of Felwood.
    From Starglade, you will be able to travel to and from three submaps: Solen's Sanctuary, Bonechiller Burrow and Forest Temple.

More information can be found by clicking the link below!
    WardenDownload2.png

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  2. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I should definitely give this another try sometime soon. Excited to see the Rexar-like changes. :)

3. Rufus

Rufus

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Glad to hear it!
    I'll be waiting eagerly for your feedback. :)

4. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Awesome, awesome and awesome! You finally decided to create a story for your mod and also to improve the beauty of the terrain. The gameplay was already exciting and challenging which is exactly how it must be. With better visuals, the Warden project will be even better. Good job! :D

5. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    No doubt is a story important for a single player map, nice to see you work on it.

And yeah, WC3 was made for cursor movement, the keyboard events have some delay iirc.

6. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    For you maybe, I played the Warden mod using the keys. It felt like Prince of Persia viewed from above :)

7. Rufus

Rufus

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your enthusiasm Alxen! :)
    I hate that it is that way. :'(
    But yeah, the cursor movement system was needed anyway in order to reach out to more players, who found arrowkeys irritating. :)

8. Siler

Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    This has got to be one of the most aesthetically pleasing campaigns I have ever played, the Starglade level is beautiful, plus the "lost woods" song from Ocarina of time makes it even more satisfying, great job!

9. Rufus

Rufus

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks a lot! Glad you liked it.
    Yeah I worked a lot on the atmosphere of the game. It has been one of my main focuses from the beginning. :)

10. Naze

Naze

Off-Topic Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Awesome updates! Congratulations for getting to this state of refinement in your project, it is looking amazing.

11. Rufus

Rufus

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

12. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think i'll have to check this out, looking fine idd!

13. Rufus

Rufus

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good. I'd love to hear what you think about it! :)