• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Homeland

Timewalking: Arthas

2nd place of Hive's 7th cinematic contest

Follow Arthas' journey from prince of Lordaeron to a death knight in service of the Lich King.
A nostalgic trip down memory lane.

Credits
Blizzard - HotS models, WoW voicelines
Valve - Dota2 models
Wc3reborn team - tilesets

Hive related credits can be viewed by clicking the link in this thread.
Contents

Homeland (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
I've seen this during the contest. Definitely approvable. Good job @Chaosy! Just learn more from these to perfect your skills in story element transitions.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

It's a splendid recreation of all those moments in the campaign when Arthas turns into Death Knight. Lovely models used, environment great. I simply watched the uploaded video. Everything it's neat. Deserves an honest 5/5. :D

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I didn't find the story appealing at all. Also there are no custom models. Looks like a campaign ripoff.

There is actually no sound either, I thought that it would be interesting to try to make the viewer immerse themselves in the visual details and make up it by their own.
Also, since the entire map is in black and white since the map was made before color was invented, which I am bit ashamed of.

Level 5
I didn't find the story appealing at all. Also there are no custom models. Looks like a campaign ripoff.

No custom models? Did you even watch the video? FYI this is not a campaign ripoff, this is a RETELLING of Arthas' journey from Paladin to the Lich King, this is THE Warcraft 3 Human Campaign told in a cinematic perspective.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Medivh disappeared out of nothing LOL

uther too! the corpse of the of the peasant instantly decayed!
the dreadlord uses his fly stand animation :(
the barn and houses at the beginning have smaller doors than the characters are

aside from that the cinematic is gooooood

Sorry for the late reply.

I faded Medivh out on purpose, same for Uther.
They leave the scene but fading out is smoother.

The animation is just random, it is not coded. If I were to record it again he might not use it.

But yeah, a bit flawed.

Level 15
Cool recreation. Though in my oppinion the scene after the [defence of whatever it name was] (before stratholm) should be made to look more like a battlefield and not a village of sunshine and rainbows. Blood, ghouls and dead soldiers piled up, maybe even a fire, that kind of thing.

Oh my god, someone should totally create a headless malganis for you and a detached dreadlord head for the malganis death scene. Yous hould also add a sound of an icy blade swinging in the air.

Last edited:
Where did you get that jaina model from? Need it badly.
Jaina HOTS rip from wc3 underground if I recall
Most probably Chaosrealm. Check this and this. You probably have to make an account and write an introduction to view/download their resources. If you're unsuccessful I can send them to you.

EDIT: Lol I posted before I saw that you were the map creator @Chaosy :p Sadly Wc3 underground isn't public anymore :(

Last edited: