• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle of Troll Homeland

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my First map so don't be HARSH!:

-This is an altered melee map that human and orc has been change
-human is high elves
-orc is trolls

Credits go to:
kitabatake
Just_Spectating
Bart_Illidan
Lord_T

Keywords:
high elf,trolls,
Contents

Battle of Troll Homeland (Map)

Reviews
20:48, 24th May 2011 ap0calypse: This cannot be approved here.

M

20:48, 24th May 2011
ap0calypse: This cannot be approved here.

Level 28
Races have barely been changed:
  • Worker, Swordsman: only model file, icon, name, basic tooltip and soundset have been changed.
  • Basically all buildings: nearly no changes. Sometimes a unit less, or a different upgrade, but that's where it ends.
  • Structure of races hasn't been changed (the b asic techtree hasn't changed, you just changed the names and removed a few units/buildings from it).

Terrain isn't good:
  • Emptiness, everywhere.
  • Only 2 tilesets?
  • The entire terrain is flat. Not a single hill (or attempt of a hill).
  • Starting locations should be closer to gold mines.
  • Random buildings in the middle are random.

Other:
  • I hate the imported files. You do not need them, throw all custom recourses away that you do not need.
    If it doesn't fit your map, do not use it. No matter how cool it may seem, as simple as that.
  • The creeps are too random. You don't use playable units for creeps either.
  • No creep drops.
  • An unprotected fountain of health...
  • The map is way too big. At least 80% of the map is empty.

Do you really think I'd appreciate this map more just because it is your first?
Try practicing first. A map is rated on its quality, not on whether it's someone's first.