• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Holy Retaliation

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Reactions: LovG
Holy Retaliation (defensive)
Important: This spell is not MUI and does not work for multiple units.

Holy light fills your veins and protect you from further harm of enemies.Upon activating, any incoming damage will be stored up to a threshold then all the damage you've suffered converts to holy lightnings that hit nearby enemies. the damage spread between the enemies, fewer enemies results in stronger holy lightnings.Lightnings also heal your wounds.Upon activation, your mana burns every second.
New Update:
- Leaks are fixed now.
- Lightnings can now heal you (HR_Heal_Multiplier).
- Some other bugs fixed.

Third Update:
- Fixed not working Cooldown and Replaced it's time with an accurate wait function.
- Major bugs fixed.

So easy to customize & use
Required explanations are in trigger itself, please read carefully.

If you had any idea or problem leave a comment, thanks.
Dear reviewer, this spell works in almost miliseconds and I can't take screenshot from the spell.
full
Contents

Holy Retaliation (Map)

Thank you for submitting a wonderful spell to Hive! Here are my feedbacks for this resources:
  • Resource Submission Rules (Models, skins, icons, spells) the spell must be MUI, where multiple units can use the ability at the same time with no bugs whatsoever. This spell does not function properly if there is more than one unit using this ability.
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Retaliation
    Wrap the Holy Retaliation into a variable. There's a very large chance that the ability changes when copied to another map due to rawdata difference that Warcraft III uses internally.
  • As before, please do not use waits. One major reason it is not allowed is because in GUI and Jass (LUA has PreciseWait resource to circumvent this specific issue), waits have precision issue where it is internally has offset range. Refer to the Pros and Cons section of MUI Triggers with Waits (especially Cons)
Cons
  • They are inaccurate (The actual wait time depends on the latency meaning that waits on Garena take much longer than waits on LAN)
  • Wait times vary with an offset range of [+0.098 ... +0.2] seconds in the best case.
  • Waits don't 'wait' when the game is paused. (Disputable)
  • In JASS, when called inside Conditions, they crash the thread.
  • The wait time with this method must be a constant. (Thank you IcemanBo for pointing this out)
  • You either store all state and every last bit of event-response data that you want to use after the wait code, or you store absolutely nothing and depend on the current execution context of the trigger.
    (This means that using something like (Triggering Unit) after the wait action will give you incorrect results if you used a buffer to store data for the instances. You either use the buffers to store absolutely everything, or you use no buffers at all.) (Thank you again, IcemanBo for helping me make this realization)
    • Trigger - Add to (This trigger) the event (Unit - Damage_Source Takes damage)
    Please use Damage Engine 3A.0.0.0 and 3.8.0.0 instead, or even better if you use patch 1.31/Reforged where you can use Damage Engine 5.A.0.0 (if you have Reforged, there's an option for generic takes damage event)

Thanks for the feedbacks. I try to fix them as soon as possible.
About the waits, it is not important in this spell to be accurate so there is no need to change that
About the damage engine, Im trying to find a way to make this spell standalone rightnow.
Regarding wait, it was a convention from 2013 era that, as far as I remember, always applied for Spell Section despite not explicitly stated in the current rules. Refer to the MUI Triggers with Waits thread about using Waits.

Disclaimer: This is not an acceptable form for Spell/System resources.
It is only meant for map-making.

Regarding the Damage Engine, it is ideally a standard and one of the most used Damage Detection System out there. If the user also imported other spells that requires the system (usually barricade/shield based spells), it will already become part of their map and they do not need re-importing the system.

Level 6
Regarding wait, it was a convention from 2013 era that, as far as I remember, always applied for Spell Section despite not explicitly stated in the current rules. Refer to the MUI Triggers with Waits thread about using Waits.

Regarding the Damage Engine, it is ideally a standard and one of the most used Damage Detection System out there. If the user also imported other spells that requires the system (usually barricade/shield based spells), it will already become part of their map and they do not need re-importing the system.
Still Im using waits with no problem because accuracy is not important in this spell so there is no need to change.
Damage engine is a useful tool in every regard I kept in my mind that finally when there was no hope I can use it.:grin: