• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive fanboy/girl debate. Why the ps3 will rule on 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
And hopefully by now you realize the blue ray thing is obsolute to use in arguements in console wars >.> A long time ago Microsoft did announce if it came down to it, they can simply release a new disc drive that can play both blue ray and hddvd. Apparently they haven't gotten to the point were the needed to do so. And you have to remember, with there being more 360 owners then their are ps3 owners, there's alot more idiots who cram their 360s in tight spaces in their entertainment centers and what not. I had mine since Oblivion came out and never had to get a new one. Sure, I had 3 red lights and 4 red lights, but did that stop me at all? >.> I just let the lights flash till they went off and turned back on my 360. No problems at all. PS3 gamers are a dieing race where I live. It's like one odd guy gets a ps3 and then can't do anything with his friends. He then trades in his ps3 for a 360 and then he's in the crowd. I know of one person right now who owns a ps3 and all he uses it for is rock band ether way. And isn't much of a gamer at all. Millions of ps3 owners yet I can only find one in my area :p

Level 5
No blu-ray is a great point. Gives ps3 blu-ray potential.. meaning it can have awesome blu-ray games if a company wants to spend the money to make one, and there will be in future. Aswell as it increases sales... if a gamer wants a blu-ray player then they are most likely to buy a ps3... or even if anyone wants one. Though blu-ray isn't huge right now.. the increases of blu-ray players from 2007-2008 was a very very high % increase.. very high. I can't remember the exact amount. Aswell as more movies being put on blu-ray by the minute and prices starting to go down for the movies. There is no need for microsoft to make a blu-ray addon... as it will only be useful for blu-ray movies and not blu-ray games. Thus giving ps3 the blu-ray advantage... the only disadvantage with it is it makes the ps3 cost a fair bit more. I'm sure if microsoft made a blu-ray addon for blu-ray movies it would be overpriced like the 360 120gb hardrive when I can get a 500gb hardrive for my ps3 for the same price.

Yep i'm not saying everyone gets RROD I know the chance isn't super high but it is a hell of a lot higher than the ps3's chance.

Yeah good for you if you don't know someone who owns a ps3, I know quite a few.

Wait for it....

MASS EFFECT 2 ON PS3 - it's official baby. :) EA confirms multiplatform Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company sequel - Joystiq

Now hopefully it shouldn't be long before gears of war 2 and fable 2 are announced for pc :) I almost bought a 360 for both of those.

Level 34
Gears of War 2 for PC? I doubt it.
Fable 2 is not that good. Like myself and brad stated about twenty or so times, it's a renter.

PS3 users are lucky to get Mass Effect two, if it follows up 1 well, it should be a great game.
I don't like the Battlefield series.

Honestly, all games that should be released on the PS3 and 360. It can't be too hard to port from system to system. PC to console seems harder to me.

Level 5
Gilles, gears of war 1 and fable 1 were basically PC games... the console version of gears was good but didn't match the PC version I don't think. Fable 2 is almost a definately imo... fable 1 was a PC game... like what happens with quite a few of xbox exclusives.. xbox first then pc.

Yeah brad.. I heard EA lost 650m. But guess what I think they have a bit more love for sony than microsoft. First of all they said they are making a command and conquer red alert 3 for ps3 which is going to be a lot more powerful and have more maps and goodies... they said that it has better graphics and stuff only because of blu-ray. And they are also making that big ass EA sports HOME space... which EA seem to be very happy about as they can do mass advertising in their massive space.

Level 36
EW, no. The Xbox version of Fable was SOSOSOSO much better than the PC version, it felt like it was designed for Xbox and then ported cheaply onto PC.

Red Alert 3 blows. It's just nowhere near as good as the series in its name.

Also, HOME, blech. Etc. Sony's just not for me.

Level 5
Yeah I don't usually like futuristic strategy games unless it's starcraft. Home is pretty cool, I usually play it when i'm bored of all my games, it has some fun mini games on it, though i've been reported 3 times for giving blowjobs to people. :) Oh about the fable thing... hah didn't know that, but i'm sure it sold a lot more on the PC version... gears 1 is better on PC I think? Probably i'd assume.

Apparently I heard from my stupid friend that after EA finishes all games that are in development now they are not going to make anymore untill the economy crysis is over... but this guy also reckons that COD4 is the most fased pace intense shooter ever made. Lol to that. So i'm sure he's just a fucking idiot like always.

Level 5
Umm it's true? Bullshit I don't beleive this...

Oh by the way congrats ps3 you sold 20 million 6 months faster than the 360 did :)

Last edited:
Level 12
:O I almost forgot I have PS3 the computer is soo much better than all of them combined (especially the Wii). Waiting for Twisted Metal, it will totally blow your mind away when it comes! Probably have physics where cars actually fly through the air as you launch them off a cliff with a missle blast (in other words better physics then just making the cars jump upward) :D

Level 36
I don't really care about what's under the hood of the PS3. It isn't really of much use since it drives the cost of the console up, while the cheaper Wii outsells it dramatically. Even the 360, with its beefy hardware, manages to sell more, because its hardware is used more effectively.

If the potential of the PS3 could be properly tapped, maybe. But the hardware is ill-designed for games. Cell processing, floating points? That's for weird ass computational shit, not videogames.

Level 5
Oh i'm sure you will care, maybe not now but in the future when there are games on PS3 which are more powerful than killzone 2, and all the 360 can run is maybe something a little bit better than gears of war 2. PS3 is going to start pumping out more and more games which the 360 won't be able to run (kz2, uncharted2, heavy rain, gran t 5 and many more in future) while you are stuck with gears of war 2 graphics. I'm not saying gears of war 2 graphics are bad, but in a few years they wont be as good as they are now. But wait all i'm talking about is graphics aren't I... well don't forget to add in powerfuler games too. And while we are talking about hardware again... let me bring RROD back to the convo... yes... exactly.

And all the ps3's hardware does jack up the price.. but wait. 360 console + wireless wifi (optional but lots of people like I need) + several years of xbox live + decent size hardrive which is way way overpriced compared to ps3 hardrives (optional, but again the 360 doesn't come with very much HD space unless you have an elite).

So not only are they about equal price... but the ps3 is more powerfuler...and the 360 fails more... and there is the conclusion to hardware. Please if you think i'm wrong feel free to argue. So now the ps3 dominates hardware... that leads us to games. Which we have been talking about for weeks now. So right now the ps3 and 360 are fairly equal in games (of course arguable and depends what games you like)... and now in 09/010 the ps3 line up is much better too.

Oh please correct me if i'm wrong about something... though i'm pretty sure i'm right.

Level 34
For someone like me, the wifi is meaningless since I'd rather have a good solid connection through a cable. I'll save my $100 thanks.

In my experience, X-Box live is better. I personally would rather have free online, but that's only because I'd rarely use it. The payments are, in my estimation, worth it.

The PS3 is more powerful, but at this time, looking at the games now, I'd rather save my money and not pay for graphics and processor.

The blue-ray is pointless for me since I don't have an HDTV, and besides, I'd rather get one for my computer to burn discs. Internal blue-ray should come down to $100 soon enough.

The HDD on the 360 is fine. I don't need 120, 60 is plenty.

Overall, the PS3 is "better", but costs more. In a lot of peoples opinions, it's not worth the price.

Level 5
LOL NINJA. Are you talking about ps3? You said your one died after 3 years... the ps3 has barely been out 2 years.. it's only been out 2 years in america and japan. Lol you fail so hard man ... lol. But yeah good to see some more people joining in, thanks buddy :)

@gilles Yep fair enough you don't need wireless, I certainly do as my router is like 15 meters away from my console. About the harddrive... only the newer models have 60gb, unless you bought your console before like what... september.. then you would only have 20gb which can fit bugger all and almost forced to upgrade. Then xbox live... what is it like $50 or $60 usd a year? Yeah well what if you play for 4 years of xbox live which i'm sure people do that is over $200! So add that onto your console cost ... 200 + 200 = 400 the ps3 cost... but the price cut wasn't released too long ago.. so most people would of payed like.. how much again.. $300? I'm sure some people would even play more than 4 years online on their console, I know I would. So it can actually add up to cost more than the ps3 with live alone.. play for 4 years and you've got about the ps3 price. Then + wifi and/or hardrive... well then you're screwed and ripped off by microsoft once again.

So yeah the price is roughly equal, depending on what you need for ur xbox. Then... your disc scratching... well i'm sure this rarely happens anymore but you gotta buy the game again. Then RROD... I don't know how much it costs to fix your xbox out of warranty. So you are paying as much or even more for something which is quite weaker. Like said before this is how ps3 dominates in hardware. Anyway i'm sure i'm repeating quite a lot.

Now onto games... like said before future games will only be runnable on ps3... by that I mean more powerfuler games will only be able to run on ps3 and not 360 unless the game has graphics = to or lower than gears of war 2ish.

Now you decide games... depends what you like. Halo and MGS4 aren't for everyone, but some people like them. I'd still say little big planet is and will always be the funnest game of all time... i've played like all the wii games and lbp just makes them look boring. But then there is gears of war 2, but that should be on PC sometime I think/hope. The current exclusive list is very arguable... though looking at 09/010 list I think the ps3 will slide infront and will start getting more and more powerfuler games and more sequels to ps2 exclusives which are starting to come in now and now that sony are starting to get profit it should start getting more exclusives I think (my guess) and more stuff. Geez i'm starting to talk more opinion than fact here lol. But anyway can we stay off hardware, unless you want me to prove even more why the ps3 wins that category.

Level 6
And you're talking about if console games ever need more power. You just talk about more power and graphics while I'm getting bored listening to it. I want to hear more about innovations in gaming, not just a new shiny helmet. What games does the ps3 have lined up that would beat the awesomeness that is Chrono Trigger? What first person shooter will make everyone rethink first person shooters like Golden Eye or Doom? What addictive puzzle solving game will it bring up that will get me off Tetris? You're just giving me the same old same old rehassed stuff with just better graphics. Now how about you tell me something that will make me rethink the gaming world as it is.

Level 34
And you're talking about if console games ever need more power. You just talk about more power and graphics while I'm getting bored listening to it. I want to hear more about innovations in gaming, not just a new shiny helmet. What games does the ps3 have lined up that would beat the awesomeness that is Chrono Trigger? What first person shooter will make everyone rethink first person shooters like Golden Eye or Doom? What addictive puzzle solving game will it bring up that will get me off Tetris? You're just giving me the same old same old rehassed stuff with just better graphics. Now how about you tell me something that will make me rethink the gaming world as it is.
Compared to games now, those suck. Why do people insist on clinging to older games?

Level 5
Actually ken i've only made a few posts on hardware, this thread was aimed at games.

@Brad. Oh true I just realised that. Sorry ninja my bad. :)

Shooters are awesome on console, though the PC versions generally seem to be better. And yes god of war 3 will be the greatest game ever.

@Ken... that wasn't exactly my point, i'm saying it will be able to run more powerfuler games. So after playing a few years of ur 360, the games wont really be getting that much better in terms of graphics/power and they will start looking last gen sooner.

What fps will make you rethink fps... well killzone 2 is a very unique fps, it's so incredible, it's kind of similar to cod4 but it's set in future and on another planet, the weapons are 10x cooler, theres lots and lots of explosions and blood, it's chaotic, it's amazingly detailed, and if you've played the demo you will know how much this owns. The online I am just waiting to play, apparently it's better than the single player.

Hmm lol puzzle game, not interested. :) Minesweeper ftw.

God of war has already made you rethink hack and slash, and gow3 will be so much more epic.

Listen I really don't want to name all these games but if you like then I will.

And geez you people like resident evil? I hate that, maybe i'm just not into zombies and stuff...

Also ken have I helped you in the world editor help zone? I think I have... lol

Level 34
What fps will make you rethink fps... well killzone 2 is a very unique fps, it's so incredible, it's kind of similar to cod4 but it's set in future and on another planet, the weapons are 10x cooler, theres lots and lots of explosions and blood, it's chaotic, it's amazingly detailed, and if you've played the demo you will know how much this owns. The online I am just waiting to play, apparently it's better than the single player.
I haven't tried it, but I've heard just the opposite. It's an entirely un-unique FPS that is well polished. Good, but nothing new.

Level 5
Hmm maybe that was just some fanboys saying that. I remember lots of 360 fanboys saying that before the demo and even reviews were released. Load of shit. It does quite a few features similar to other FPS games, but it's very unique too

Level 34
People complain because they are (often) jealous.

The average 12 year old
360 fanboy: Zomg! They get the new Kz2! I must complain and spam them!
The average 16 year old PS3 fanboy: Zomg! They get the new Halo 3! I must complain and spam them!

I aint picking any sides yet (although I am going for the PS3, got one myself), but the 'battle' between the two consoles is just like any other fight: A tug of war.

Level 4
is it me or are the people who are in the ps3 side defending fanatically?

seriously though I agree with Brad's points, as of right now PS3 is not as successful as 360 and not close enough, I'd give it another year or two, the thing is that PS3 has a lot of potential, and its got some pretty good titles coming, but the thing is that, the 360 and Wii are practically a household name as of right now and finding a PS3 is quite rare for the moment, I know theres definitely millions who have it, but the casual gamers/non-gamers would really rather have something thats quite mainstream and common right now.. It's more of a bandwagon effect really

so I really don't think this is the PS3's year, so please some of you guys in defense of PS3, just be cool..

Level 34
Hmm maybe that was just some fanboys saying that. I remember lots of 360 fanboys saying that before the demo and even reviews were released. Load of shit. It does quite a few features similar to other FPS games, but it's very unique too
No, this was after release. One of them was GameTrailers. Maybe they rate PS3 games down, but I've found their reviews to be pretty spot on.

Level 6
But yeah, as with Killzone 2 there is nothing really unique about. It's the same old stuff just well polished. Probably my favorite weapon in the first Killzone was the high powered grenade launcher just because I had fun in a challenge trying to do long range warfare using that. Otherwise everything else in the game has already been done. It was just a well polished FPS that didn't really interests me. I just liked it since there wasn't many games on the ps2 that had bots other then Time Splitters which I rather buy for xbox or gamecube for more controllers and Red Faction. PS2 wasn't really big in terms of FPS and they tried making KZ as a Halo killer which failed in it's goals. So what is really unique in KZ2? Only weapons I saw were the old ones from the first KZ and their new Flame Thrower. And if you really want to be a futuristic shooter I suggest Battlefield 2142 for the pc. Now that I call fun as hell. KZ not soo much. And as far as I know what God of War brought to us in terms of a hack and slash, it brought the sex mini game. Otherwise everything else was already used. Just God of War was a well polished game.

Level 5
KZ not soo much. And as far as I know what God of War brought to us in terms of a hack and slash, it brought the sex mini game. Otherwise everything else was already used. Just God of War was a well polished game.

Umm.. no you didn't. KZ not so much fun? Maybe not the first one, I haven't played it. Lol but the second one, awesome fun. Oh wow I can't stop laughing at the god of war bit, that's possibly the funniest sentence in those whole thread. I am not going to take that post seriously, that's just stupid.

Ok also killzone 2 has lots of unique things. Please tell me something which makes a shooter unique. Even if it's not unique which it is, it's still a hell of a lot of fun.

@Wugiboy The ps3 is very sucessful, it's only behind because it came out a year later. The ps3 sold 20 million 6 months faster than the 360 did. Infact apparently the PS3 was infront of the 360 in 2008 untill the 360 got its price cut.

Level 6
So what was unique in god of war in terms of hack and slash that none had when it first came out?

Theme - I remember Rexar or something had the greek god theme. I'm not sure if that was the title, the hack n slash game were you threw around a shield for a weapon that had an orignal for the NES. I just know the game started with the letter R and was for the ps2.

Boss Fights/Events with button pressing parts - I know that this was a major part that people liked during the boss fights with the fast button pressing to match up. But if you ever heard of Sword of the Beserk for the Dreamcast. It's a new rare gem for the system if you have you should pick it up. That game had the fast pressing boss fights with random buttons. And also events on the pathway while going to places. Was annoying against those dogs.

Hack n Slash games on the ps2 - Okay, there's was a whole wave of hack n slash games on the ps2 before God of War. Inlcuding Devil May Cry, Dynasty Warriors, Onimusha, and others, alot of failures. What made God of War stand out was that it was actually good and well polished. Not unique during a time when there was a flood of hack n slash games for the ps2.

So what really is unique about God of War is all I'm asking you right now. And what makes a shooter unique? Lets see what the first Halo acheived in uniqueness
The recharing shield system
The console co-op being able to have someone drive and shoot in a vechile
Basically it made the whole warthog idea for games to have a vechile that a person can drive and others can shoot rather then just a driver that drives and guns with secondary people getting additional guns/just sit along for the ride.

So that's what I'm aiming for in uniqueness. If I want to say a game unique in acheiving great graphical and sound work, I would say the game Seven Samurai for the ps2. Because they spent all their money on graphics and sound artists while if you play through the game, which the art is beautiful, the game play is awefully terrible. Which is why I think lowly of anyone talking about graphics being better. Because graphics is the last thing I care for in a game. Gameplay and Story comes first.

Edit: I think the game I was talking about earlier was Rygar, not Rexar. I think that is the correct title I'm thinking of.

Level 5
And what makes a shooter unique? Lets see what the first Halo acheived in uniqueness
The recharing shield system
The console co-op being able to have someone drive and shoot in a vechile
Basically it made the whole warthog idea for games to have a vechile that a person can drive and others can shoot rather then just a driver that drives and guns with secondary people getting additional guns/just sit along for the ride.

Woah that's totally unique, it must be the best game in the world because it has a recharging shield system.

First of all I can name one unique thing about KZ2, and i'm sure I will be able to name many others once I actually play the game. Its fps cover system.

And seriously who gives a crap about uniqueness, you can name 2 things which are unique about halo omfg. It's not like because it doesn't have one small unique feature it is exactly the same as all other shooters. All games are very different

Level 34
Umm.. no you didn't. KZ not so much fun? Maybe not the first one, I haven't played it. Lol but the second one, awesome fun. Oh wow I can't stop laughing at the god of war bit, that's possibly the funniest sentence in those whole thread. I am not going to take that post seriously, that's just stupid.
Ironically, I could say the same thing.

Level 5
Halo, uniqueness:

1) Weapons
2) Vehicles
3) Modding tools
4) Halo CE

That's four things.

Umm if you didn't realise heaps of shooters have vehicles, every shooter has different weapons. So does that make every shooter unique? I guess so. I don't know what you mean by modding tools and halo ce, I have not played the third one yet.

And seriously you will actually jizz your pants when you watch this god of war 3 new trailor which came out about a day ago. It's actual gameplay. Possibly the best trailor ever.

Gametrailers.com - God of War III - Epic Scale Trailer HD

Level 34
Umm if you didn't realise heaps of shooters have vehicles, every shooter has different weapons. So does that make every shooter unique? I guess so. I don't know what you mean by modding tools and halo ce, I have not played the third one yet.
I think he was referring to the kinds of weapons.
I believe the first and second Halo can be modded on the PC.

Level 36
Modded quite heavily. Modded beyond belief. I spent the better part of 2 years pushing the limits in Halo PC and the Xbox version (It can be modded too, and the limits are even greater, since the Devs never thought it would be modded), which adds an entirely new aspect to the game.

Halo CE allows for entirely custom content, maps, vehicles, weapons, etc. It's also intense.

Level 12
It is heresy to join forces with Microsoft, the most bloated, retarded, terribad company on the face of the earth. 1 word... Vista :D

Ok fine, they both got their ups and downs. Since PS3 came out last, a lot of companies already had their games pinned on the X-Box 360 (Isn't 360 a retarded name. That means you would go around in a circle and end up right back where you started?). Right now the X-Box 360 is probably better, but I garantee that the longer the PS3 exists the more respected it will get. The Wii is a huge gimmick IMO. They promised revolution and delivered Wii fit @_@. Oh and honestly, the PS3 is not that much more. The Wii's controllers cost more, you have to buy a battery recharger, and some of the best selling stuff for it (Wii fit) cost extra. I bet overrall youd only pay 10-20% more for the PS3 in the end. I owned a Wii because I figured the best selling console was the best. I sold the thing 2 months later and bought a PS3. Haven't regretted the decision yet as the only game I found good was SSBB. Mario Galaxy sucked, Metroid sucked, Party sucked.

I would almost buy the X-Box just for Halo and Gears of War, but honestly, Halo gets old quickly after having played #1 & 2 and Gears of War 1&2 are fundamentally flawed in gameplay.

Level 34
Vista isn't the worst they've made. Not even close.

Except that starter Vista thing. I hear that's just awful.

Level 8
Halo is so over rated imo. But most new shooters nowadays aren't very original. They write up a cheesy story on top of an over used theme, load em up with high definition graphics, maybe implement some physics system and call it a game. I have yet to see a minimally interesting shooter since Bioshock.

Level 34
Halo is so over rated imo. But most new shooters nowadays aren't very original. They write up a cheesy story on top of an over used theme, load em up with high definition graphics, maybe implement some physics system and call it a game. I have yet to see a minimally interesting shooter since Bioshock.
And yet they still make loads of money. ----> CoD5.

Level 36

Except Halo, beyond having the latest in graphics and such, was actually fun to play. Fun. You know, the whole point of video games?

Not everyone finds it fun. A few diehard Sony people will try and convince you it's the worst thing to happen since Et on the Atari, and some people do find it boring.

But the overwhelming majority agrees that Halo Combat Evolved and Halo PC were both stellar games. Halo 2 was definitely overhyped though. It had an alright campaign, not as good as the original of course, and it's only true moment of excellence was the online play.

Halo 3 combined a pretty good campaign game with awesome multiplayer to make it almost as good as the original.

But the original, well, wow. It was a beautiful game.

Level 17
Tbh, I have all 3 console; although only one of them I own full time and that's the 360.

I can say; I love the Wii because in a lot of games it requires you to get up and be active, so I can game AND exercise at the same time.

I love the PS3 due to Final Fantasy and Blu Ray, but I still think paying more than £250 for a games console is beyond moronic, no matter how good it may be.

I don't play the PS3 much so my wall of text will be on the 360 ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 360 is a great console, I must say. Although it has its flaws, its 'perfections' if you like only just make up for it.

The DLC Game/Video marketplace is excellent. The fact you can download the old great hits from the original Xbox for generally less that £10 to £15 kicks ass, and movie rental for around £2.50 for 24 hours after the first time watching is pretty decent, considering most places about town are more than £5 rental.

The £5 monthly fee for Xbox Live is pretty stupid, as if Microsoft don't make enough money as it is, but big companies will be big companies; money grabbing whores. Accordingly Microsoft bribed Rockstar Studios almost 50m USD to keep the new expansion or whatever it is, I don't play GTA IV as of yet, on the DLC.

Another flaw I can point out is how much of a bandwidth whore the 360 is. From experience it's so much of a bandwidth whore you can only have 1 360 playing wired at a time, which blows.

I like the fact you can IM from it, with the new Xbox Live Experience, but I feel they've ripped the avatar crap from the Wii, and I don't see as much point in a personal avatar which displays a little sim like figure you'll only see if you look in the friends tab of your 360 dashboard.

It makes good central heating for my gaming space, heck, my computer, LCD monitor and 360 heats my space up a lot :p

The external hard drives, as stated above are a tad overpriced, I got my 360 package with 60gb Hard Drive (Which I'm having problems filling... 7 demos and 2 installed games and a crap tonne of music just under 15GB) for just under £200 though, so I'm not complaining.

But jesus... Wireless 360 plugin thingy... The little wireless box... 60 fucking GBP and just over 100 USD? I'm glad I run my PC with wireless then an ethernet cable from PC to 360 which thankfully works until someone rings the damn phone.

The lack of supported routers with the 360 really sucks, I'm managing orange bars and even connection break ups with games on this crappy netgear thing we're stuck with until we move on monday.

But anyway, this topic is about games, right?

Bungie own perhaps one of the best selling series in history, like Enix owns FF (My only reason for having a PS2, DS and PS3), but I find Halo is getting crapper as it gets newer. I loved as much of Halo 1 as I could be bothered to play, and Halo 2 was plenty of fun and some rather scary parts (I was young when I played, shutup :p) but Halo 3 is a walk in the park, even on Legendary. The only reason I'm waiting for my friend to get Halo 3 is because solo is so boring.

On to Gears of War... Number one was excellent. The plot was nice with the little twists here and there and the game actually posed a challenge, but like 2, Multiplayer is pull the frigging shotgun or sniper trigger first to win. Where did the tactical gameplay go these days.. Everybody goes Leeroy with a shotty, only reason I played PvP on GoW 1 and 2 is for achievements. I felt Number 2s campaign side was lacking big time. I thought the plot was all over the damn place, popping in and out of the hollow, and even on Insane it was easy.

*SPOILERS* But what I want to know, is how did it go from a freaking huge dude who can carry a troika with no problems and command Kryll with the point of a finger to a huge monster who takes three full charges of Hammer of Dawn to the head on Insane? The challenge in games these days is dropping, if all these pansy kids who can't kill RAAM on Easy didn't cry to Epic Games maybe we'd of had a better end boss. Anyone with me there? That disappointed me, my Mum's BF, his Son, and plenty of my friends. Hopefully they'll redeem themselves if they make a number 3.

I also feel Epic Games taken a leaf out of Blizzard's books and re-used every freaking model they possibly could, but I guess that's for consistency. But they rushed the game. They definitely rushed it. My first play through of the fight with Skorge taken 4 tries simply because the sod managed to sent me high into the air 4 times and left me stuck there.

I enjoyed Horde mode though, although there should be more achievements based on Horde, for instance 'Get to Wave 10' and 'Get to Wave 50' are piss. I solo'd up to 29 then duo'd up to the end of 50 on Casual. Maybe they should add more; perhaps 'Solo Horde Mode' and 'Complete All 50 Waves of Horde on Insane difficulty'.

Well, Fable 2 had me jaw drop at the start, I wanted to explore everywhere and do as much as I could, but it was about after I killed Dash was where my enthusiam just buggered off completely. My ugliness from being scarred is... 0. That's how pathetically easy it was. *SPOILERS* You spend all that time showing your peen off to villagers just to wind a freaking box and hit him with your fist if you really want to. I'd expect that sort of ending from some pansy game for 6 year olds. The story is terrible. You basically free 3 heros and as said wind a box and smack him. Once. I went AFK during that fight for 45 god damn minutes and he'd just been sat there saying "Wtf you doing, I'll make a better world!!!!". The main purpose of the game is to buy everything to possibly can then say "Screw it, when's the next Sims expansion coming out"

Call of Duty 5. I can stand this game. I bloody love it. The online play has tactic, the campaign poses a challenge and it's and excellent game overall. The graphics are pretty decent and the gameplay requires more than just shooting anything that dare move. I have no major criticism except Veteran should be renamed Evade that Grenade :p

Umm, they're perhaps the only games I'm playing at the moment as I (Unfortunately) completed Crackdown. Despite the extremely cartoonish graphics I loved the gameplay; GTA on crack = FTW? Just goes to show Gameplay < Graphics. I think I got the < thing the right way 'round, anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.