• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I just want to advertise our Hive Chat a bit.
I feel like it's a bit too dead from time to time,
and people should use it more often for communication.

Me, for example I'm always logged in, so people can quickly talk to me if they need something,
or I can ask things quickly by myself. Yah, that happens from time to time that I communicate
with other members of hive :)D) and it's always nice to get to know the people a bit better around us.

Finaly I just want to say I would very appreciate it if you would visit our chat more often!
I mean you have nothing to lose! Have a nice day.

Reactions: Ash

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

Nothing for me to ask and talk so I leave the chat, or I will stay in chat. :)

Level 5
When several people were on, it is such a shame that I greeted to them and they ignored my greetings, almost everytime.

How the heck could I even socialize or even try to talk with them?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

When several people were on, it is such a shame that I greeted to them and they ignored my greetings, almost every time.

Wow, really ? How rude...

I never enter the chat if there is no greater reason. Sometimes to see if someone is online to have 1:1 conversation and give and receive help, but not just for fun.
Even at midday-times or in the afternoon it is rather an empty, wasted place :/

I will try to visit it more often, count on me!

Level 23
The common denominator of problems being people not really active in chat is that imagine I am super afk, I dont open hive chat for like 10 minutes, of course I cant greet your or answer your important burning trigger questions since I have 65472 different things to focus as well

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

When several people were on, it is such a shame that I greeted to them and they ignored my greetings, almost everytime.

Hey ! I greet everyone and get treated the same way except a few ! :as:

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

Deathcom3s said:
If there's one thing I miss, it's how active the chat used to be.

I think all chat systems' activeness are the same. For example, our Hive's chat, Garena+ chat, Battle.net chat and so forth. We talk when it is necessary (no bullshit).

It might be one of reasons for Hive's chat to be dead temporarily. Also, as all guys said, another reason is that we might be busy.

Level 19
I think all chat systems' activeness are the same. For example, our Hive's chat, Garena+ chat, Battle.net chat and so forth. We talk when it is necessary (no bullshit).

It might be one of reasons for Hive's chat to be dead temporarily. Also, as all guys said, another reason is that we might be busy.

Clearly you have not experienced hive chat at its peak. It couldn't be more opposite.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
We all know that just by visiting it and staying there won't trigger its revival. It had its glory days, but those are long gone.
This is true. If I have to come out and say it, the reason why the chat is a lifeless husk is because there's no actual community now. There hasn't been for some time. There's no shared history, no social contract, no central figures or super users, no commitment beyond modding; in short, nothing to bond over and nothing to be opinionated about. At all!

You can say what you want about old Hive. Rude? A bit. Cruel? Sure, sometimes. But at least there was alwas a lot to talk about. I hope there can suddenly be a change of pace and a strong community can form, but in this day and age, it's really not liable to happen any time soon.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
I think we're just too old, Flad. There's sure still a lot of community and interaction here. There wouldn't still be an off-topic if there wasn't. We wouldn't be having this conversation if there wasn't. Sure, it might not be the community we knew, but there is certainly something here still.

Status
Not open for further replies.