• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Arena] Hive Arena [Main Development Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Most of the partially dones are already finished and there are only three heroes that hasn't been started. I'm kinda having trouble with some spells but I think I can handle it. I'll start making the heroes that are not in the current list when I'm done with the current ones.

BTW, there are some ability icons that I changed with the default WC3 icons to save space. Mine and JTD's heroes are not anymore using imports to provide more space for you guys. :)

The team is still alive but not as active. Daredeamon is on vacation or just out of town, JTD has school and is a working student so he's sched is filled, he can only visit once in a while but is doing his best and I 'm working on the map most of the time at home when I don't have homework and if I'm too lazy to work on my papers. But the map is centainly being worked on. :)

EDIT: I have been recieving some help from some members here on hive and I greatly appreciate it. Thank you for those. :3

Level 5
This is the part where I wish I knew GUI and started helping you guys.

God I love having an irregular schedule, I get more free time.

Level 5
The terrain is still trash. But i'm focusing more on the heroes for a while. If I start again with the terrain then i'll lose more time coz I really like the terrain to be the best. x3

What terrain are you making? Is it just flat-out-full-of-tiles terrain or will there be doodads?

Level 16
I challenge you to make the following hero: (Without VJASS, neither JASS):

models_2045_screenshot.jpg

picture.php
Malixus
Leeches 3/5/7/9 mana per attack from the target, purely damages the target for the ammount of mana leeched, if the target's mana is less than the amount that should be leeched, it will create a shadow vein with the level of shadow vein
Can be activly used to burn 55/70/85/100 mana from a target

pas3rd.png
Shadow veins
Passively gives 30% chance in attack to deal 20/35/50/65% AoE damage on attack in 225 AoE, if the target has no allies in the AoE, he will be dealt 2x the normal ammount of bonus damage, AoE affected units trigger malixus

skill-3.gif
Priscama
Curses a target unit for 12 seconds, while under the effect of the curse, damage it takes will be counted, at the end of the spell, target will be dealt 15/20/25/30% of taken damage and be disabled for 3,5 seconds
Can be cast several times on single target to expand the duration of the spell

------> 3.1.
skill-0.gif
Release
------> Immediately ends all occurring Priscamas

Spell_shadow_shadesofdarkness.png
Shadow Release
After channeling for 1.5/1/0.5 seconds
Will release waves of shadows in 600/1050/1500 AoE
And will deal 200/275/350 damage to enemy ubits and paralyze them for 1/1.5/2 seconds and slow them for 35% MS and 25% MS for 5 seconds after they are hitten by the shadows

Level 4
^
I'm pretty much sure that it depends on the Hive Members who submitted their heroes.
And as of right now if I remember it right, the map size is about roughly 3 or 4 MB.

Level 24
And I'm not even on that list? You're going to make me cry...

But in all seriousness nice idea you have I look forward too see how this will end up.

Level 4
I want dat hero checklist to update, NAOOOO!!!

Well, I just wanted to see what heroes are already completed or still in progress.

Level 23
Hey guys, been updating the recruitment thread and currently updating this thread. I don't think I can add all heroes to the Accepted heroes list, though. They can only be viewed in the hero checklist. So sorry. There's just too much text that I can't handle it already. xD

New Sigs are posted too. :D

Go To First Post

BTW, About the Team members area being gone; The team is still a team. The reason why only mine and jake's name are present there is because the thread got too crowded so I had to remove some things. No harm intended. K? :)

Level 23
Jeez. There's a lot of scrambled hero submissions eh? Just a heads up, one/more of your hero submission does not appear in the next update, then it was rejected. If your hero was rejected, either it didn't use the template, your hero is incomplete, or your english is just unreadable. So sorry in advance for users who will have rejected heroes. :D

Level 4
Choose mine, it has blinkz and haz sniper skill with icy explosions.

Well,

I'm pretty much sure everyone will choose their hero on their first game,
since most of us want to try out our ideas and stuff, and try to battle it all out on and see who's the coolest/strongest/epicest/OPest hero on the hive arena.

Besides, a lot of heroes here are OP, and I hope Hera would balance them so it wouldn't ruin the fun for other peeps that gave ideas for their heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.