• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Hero Arena] Grand Champion Hero Arena feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello people.

I've been working on a hero arena inspired by Angel Arena Allstar.

I'm fairly new to map making, triggering, etc. So bear over with me, if things are not made correctly. In case so, please respond with a solution, alike.

Grand Champion Hero Arena
By Malthe22

Two warriors from Azeroth has been chosen to fight for their lives in the Grand Champion Arena. They must equip themselves with better gear in order to defeat the other.
Fight the creatures of the Arena to gain knowlegde of your own strenght.

Features of the map so far is quite simple:

- Hero Tavern Selection
- Hero respawn
- Custom heroes
- Leaderboard (Broken, by the time this post was made)
- Creep revival system
- Re-made standard spells to fit map and hero background story
- Short hero background story
- Custom item(s)

Plans for the future:

- More heros
- More creep camps
- More custom items
- Custom spells
- Merchants
- Bug fixing
- Overall game balance
- Victory / defeat condition
- Victory / defeat cinematic
- More possible players

Im looking for general feedback, from the current state of the map. Also ideas for new features, or simple fixes.

I'm very hopeful and excited for this new project and all the feedback.

Kind regards,
Malthe22

Attachments

• Grand Champion Hero Arena.w3x
    59.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 1.png
    1.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 126
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 109
  • 4.png
    4.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Level 17
So i gave it a try. You should really work on your heroes' skillsets. You just used basic warcraft skills, which is fine in some cases, but abilities like Death and Decay in a Hero Arena is kind of useless. They also dont fit together very well. One hero does have 2 passive abilities which is kind of boring. There is an ability with a missing tooltip.
I know that you just started with triggers and stuff, but you can do crazy stuff with the object editor without using triggers ;) play around with data fields and animations and get some cool spells for your heroes.
Also, terrain is very flat.

I really hope you will work on your map and improve it.
Hope that helped and good luck :)

Level 3
So i gave it a try. You should really work on your heroes' skillsets. You just used basic warcraft skills, which is fine in some cases, but abilities like Death and Decay in a Hero Arena is kind of useless. They also dont fit together very well. One hero does have 2 passive abilities which is kind of boring. There is an ability with a missing tooltip.
I know that you just started with triggers and stuff, but you can do crazy stuff with the object editor without using triggers ;) play around with data fields and animations and get some cool spells for your heroes.
Also, terrain is very flat.

I really hope you will work on your map and improve it.
Hope that helped and good luck :)

Im fully aware of that boring and sorta unbalanced hero skill sets. Those fit under "overall game balance".

Terrain is currently WIP.

Appreciate the feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.