• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-Hive 2 FTW-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I'm sure of it >.>
This place cannot get large numbers of SC2 modders fans or whatever for these reasons:

- it is already entirely War3, the majority of the community, thus except for some newbs, you won't see any ;big; modders the way it was with War3 years ago
- the ones who chose to switch to SC2 already went to the sites made specially for Starcraft, thus it would be too late to get any newcomers when actually the newcomers here identify THW as a place for War3 mapmaking seeing by what they came for

And frankly I see the level of help you can get and knowledge in SC2 editor here is rather poor but it is explainable why.

Ergo, THW 2.0 will not change anything and this will remain the same way it is now - ppl would come for war3, barely for sc2 . (I dont mind it, Im still here for PONIES :D)

Actually I would love if Hive 2 will be able to bring more people to this community, from SC2 and D3 respectively.

Level 27
I don't know why Blizzard just quit from the Warcraft RTS, they have money, team, everyone in the world wants Warcraft IV, so what's the problem with Blizzard? :/

The preoblem is that they started WoW, and WoW ruined the story plot that they made in WC3... :(

There we go, blaming Wow again, like if that would be a super villian of some sort... now you see, we can't exactly say that it ruined Warcraft lore for sure.
Sure, it had some flaws from begining, but hey, Blizzard wanted to create a MMORPG in Warcraft universe, and you now, they're making games, not books. And they actually did made a challenging, original (For the times it just came out, now everyone copies it and they sometimes tend to steal other's ideas too now) with lots of content. They did they job well. if you thin about it, storyline isn't a prior thing to videogames.

And, by the way, we have no information about Warcraft 4 at all. I am most certain they will release it one day. They can't just abandon such popular series you know. And, you see, we don't even know how the whole WoW storyline will end - they haven't mentioned anything about the final expansion except that there true evil will be met and other dramatic clyche stuff. Most probably they're already are thinking about Warcraft 4 you know. Since, you know, Titan, which doesn't seem to take place in Warcraft universe, will be their main MMO for upcomming 15 years, that means there won't be any WoW 2.

Oh and... something tells me we'rea little bit off-topic....

Level 11
There we go, blaming Wow again, like if that would be a super villian of some sort... now you see, we can't exactly say that it ruined Warcraft lore for sure.
Sure, it had some flaws from begining, but hey, Blizzard wanted to create a MMORPG in Warcraft universe, and you now, they're making games, not books. And they actually did made a challenging, original (For the times it just came out, now everyone copies it and they sometimes tend to steal other's ideas too now) with lots of content. They did they job well. if you thin about it, storyline isn't a prior thing to videogames.

And, by the way, we have no information about Warcraft 4 at all. I am most certain they will release it one day. They can't just abandon such popular series you know. And, you see, we don't even know how the whole WoW storyline will end - they haven't mentioned anything about the final expansion except that there true evil will be met and other dramatic clyche stuff. Most probably they're already are thinking about Warcraft 4 you know. Since, you know, Titan, which doesn't seem to take place in Warcraft universe, will be their main MMO for upcomming 15 years, that means there won't be any WoW 2.

Oh and... something tells me we'rea little bit off-topic....

Maybe you are right, no doubt, but what you said about WC4 and Titan is WTF... =)

Where did you find the informations about Titan?

Level 16
I aren’t so much exited about Hive2. Yes of course all the small cool details are nice to get, but really it aren’t that much. Unless ralle is getting some more experienced modders on hive... Everything will stay the same. As Eimtr already explained, we can't expect more sc2 modders if we got nothing to show from the start..

I aren’t so much exited about Hive2. Yes of course all the small cool details are nice to get, but really it aren’t that much. Unless ralle is getting some more experienced modders on hive... Everything will stay the same. As Eimtr already explained, we can't expect more sc2 modders if we got nothing to show from the start..
I think Hive2 is also going to promote its sc2 section better.

Level 14
Just a question what if we start from zero with nothing on this forum??

we've told you thousands and thousands of times before!!! THERE IS NO STARTING FROM ZERO,AND OF COURSE THIS IS JUST A REVAMP,NOT A NEW SITE
your opinion is an example of someone who gives up something really big to ruin

Last edited:
Level 14
Why the fuck do you need rep ? So people can see how "cool" you are ?
not "cool",sometimes it shows how reliable you are to the site,
example. a mapper wants a specific model to be done,but there is none in the site,so he asks a person who takes requests and is experienced in such modelling.

Level 24
Rep just makes people want to help for rep, not because they feel like helping. That's lame. Look at SC2Mapster, they are not paid, they do not have a rep system, the members just help because they feel like.

Rep is in no way a barrier to people helping other people, so don't really see your point.

I don't feel strongly about the system, and there will likely be changes to it in the future, but this won't be the complete removal.

Level 14
I don't mind moderating SE.

And to top it all along,Wolverabid comes back when Hive 2 is released XD just joking,anyway SE is a good looking sub-forum,i only saw ONE SE thread in my entire hivelife,it was the Hive sucks thread by the rebel who likes naruto...

anyway i think moderating SE would be the most fun you will have Joe

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I remember SE from 2004. :3
But no thanks.

Level 24
I'm fine with the re-introduction of SE, seeing as OT has just become filled with crappy threads. So possibly, we'll either start moderating OT much harder and re-introduce an SE forum again to replace the spam (moderated only for offensiveness of content, not quality), or just leave OT as the more medium-well moderated forum it is now.

One at least puts the useless posts in a world of their own.

Last edited:
Level 11
I think the Rep system should stay, if I, for example, ask a question in the forums and I get replies from two guys telling me different answers how will I know which one is the most reliable?

Also can someone explain what the "SE" is? I'm curious. :]

Level 22
Not another retarded forum. If SE will replace Offotpic will be fine but another forum for spam and even more silly threads than the one created recently.. Well:

2012 - time for a change for lots of things

including going to visit max 2-3 threads, not even gonna look at all the silliness going on all THW When The Time Comes. I'm even so tired of this place that at some time gonna be like all OS-ers who dont come back ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.