• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Historical Mapping Clan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Well there doesn't really seem to be a area for clan recruitment so I'll just do it here. I'd just like to announce that I'm starting a historical mapping clan. And we need people to form it, whether you like making historical based maps (example: WW1, WW2, Ancient/Medieval times, Modern and maybe futuristic warfare.) or just like playing them your welcome. I've recently become more serious about mapping recently and history is my passion so I want to form a clan that will hopefully bring many new historical games to the community. So if your interested just leave a reply, pm me or add me on WC3. My user is Destroyer25 and I'm on Azeroth. You can also contact my friends budboy25 or CptSoapMcTavish who will be my top shamans.

Thanks, Dest.

Level 2
Well its nice to know that someone has a passion for history on this site. I'd help but I'm relatively new to this site, to clans and maping in genneral. I do like history and enjoy historical based gaming though. Big AOE fan.

I prefer historical maps because all things are actually explainable, it's not that when you create something that doesn't make sense you blame it on magic or whatever. However I found most maps (and also games) boring compared to fantasy games (and no, I don't mean RPGs), probably because the author wanting to make the gameplay too close to realism, dunno, or it's just too few people working on historical maps (and less makers, less quality).

Level 8
I prefer historical maps because all things are actually explainable, it's not that when you create something that doesn't make sense you blame it on magic or whatever. However I found most maps (and also games) boring compared to fantasy games (and no, I don't mean RPGs), probably because the author wanting to make the gameplay too close to realism, dunno, or it's just too few people working on historical maps (and less makers, less quality).

Look at A&A, thats quality, but now it's in the hands of a very very stupid child. But I've come to realize how flawed A&A is. I'm very strict about realism and I like having good terrain. At first A&A looked like it's terrain was god compared to SoE which is a historical and geographical train wreck. But everything doesn't line up, and its not to scale. To make the best historical game the terrain must be highly accurate, and the warfare realistic, personally I find it a little dumb how units armed with rifles can do anything to a tank, but it doesn't seem like anyone's developed a system where infantry do 0 to tanks. But if you guys are interested in history you should definitely come, loving history and being loyal to the clan is the only requirement but we do need mappers in the clan. I'm horrible at terrain with the exception of medieval urban terrain. So if anyone is interested...

Look at A&A, thats quality, but now it's in the hands of a very very stupid child. But I've come to realize how flawed A&A is. I'm very strict about realism and I like having good terrain. At first A&A looked like it's terrain was god compared to SoE which is a historical and geographical train wreck. But everything doesn't line up, and its not to scale. To make the best historical game the terrain must be highly accurate, and the warfare realistic, personally I find it a little dumb how units armed with rifles can do anything to a tank, but it doesn't seem like anyone's developed a system where infantry do 0 to tanks. But if you guys are interested in history you should definitely come, loving history and being loyal to the clan is the only requirement but we do need mappers in the clan. I'm horrible at terrain with the exception of medieval urban terrain. So if anyone is interested...

Meh, I prefer pre 20th century maps. It fits warcraft engine more. For modern wars, it would be better to wait for starcraft 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.