• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hip-Hop > All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Guys, don't force your music tastes on each other. You can say that Hip Hop > Metal by far but really, you're not right. Neither is the person saying Metal > Hip Hop etc. 'cause it all depends on opinion.

No genre is better than the other so stop it. I find it annoying when people disrespect your opinion by shoving their musical tastes down your throat.

Level 7
Synth/Rock/Rap, that would be a cool fusion!

I'll try it :) But I need to listen to Synth a lil more. I can't remember when I heard it last time.

Guys, don't force your music tastes on each other. You can say that Hip Hop > Metal by far but really, you're not right. Neither is the person saying Metal > Hip Hop etc. 'cause it all depends on opinion.

No genre is better than the other so stop it. I find it annoying when people disrespect your opinion by shoving their musical tastes down your throat.
I agree. But this is a big ture.

Any music > Balkan (serbian) Turbo Folk.

Level 10

NOT EVEN, NOT....EVEN.

Rap is the SHEET. Alright, some rap is not that good, i agree, talking about pointless thing's. But some people still enjoy it...And uhh, Uchicha, according to the million's upon million's of fan's that listen to it...Uhh, i'm kinda thinking your wrong?

What really tick's me off though, is that Pop music is the most favored music...

*Shudder*

Level 10
NOT EVEN, NOT....EVEN.

Rap is the SHEET. Alright, some rap is not that good, i agree, talking about pointless thing's. But some people still enjoy it...And uhh, Uchicha, according to the million's upon million's of fan's that listen to it...Uhh, i'm kinda thinking your wrong?

What really tick's me off though, is that Pop music is the most favored music...

*Shudder*

So basically, you say that because rap is popular it must be good, yet you say that pop is bad, in spite of the fact that it is popular. Am I the only person who finds this contradictory?

Level 21
Am I the only person who finds this contradictory?

yeh you are, it makes perfect sense to everyone else....

j/k, i think what has been confused here is the definition of pop, because by rights whatever music is topping the charts is pop, whether it be gangsta rap or heavy metal or drum and bass. so really its not about whether you like "pop" music or not, its about what specific genres you like. if you were to say you hate all pop it pretty much means you hate all music.

Level 10
Basically what I meant was that you said that someone saying rap was bad was wrong because lots of people like it. Then you say pop is bad while also stating that it is popular (meaning lots of people like it). Perhaps I misinterpreted your comment. Regardless, I don't like rap, or hip hop. Or 'pop' music. Or 'emo' music. I do not belive hip hop > all.

Level 17
Are we having a 'Rap' vs. 'Pop' competition? If we are, and we have to vote for one of 'Rap or 'Pop' I would go for 'Pop' seeing as my sister has been playing 'Mcfly' recently, I like their music, it has a different rythm every time.
I especially like that 'Transylvania'! "People marching to drums.."

Level 4
Frank Zappa is dead, naglfar lives ..

Btw, do you even know what 'The Naglfar' is?

If I remember correctly, a it's a ship or something in Norse Mythology; right? Made from epithelial tissue, I.E., Fingernails, crap like that?

It doesn't matter if Frank Zappa is Dead, he lives on through his music, and he was older than the Members of Naglfar, not to mention he had inoperable cancer.

Darkthrone, Behemoth, Emperor, Immortal, Mastadon, Acheron and a few others are the only Black Metal Bands I like.

Level 7
I'm going to be honest and say I have not read a single word in this thread.
But here is my response:
No.

Level 24
imo rock>all other forms of music
like other genres are okay, i can totally see how other people like them, i just happen to be someone who doesn't.

about rap, the problem with it isn't that it doesn't have good morals, it's that most of the rap that ends up being popular has really bad morals. like Jurassic 5 is great, and it's not all about killing people/sex
the BIGGEST problem with rap is that people like camron or w/e saying that if he lived next to a serial killer, he wouldn't "snitch", he would move. turning a serial killer isn't "snitching", it's saving lives, its giving families closure that the person that killed their child/sibling/parent has been taken off the streets and it doesn't have to happen again. and some other rapper's excuse for "no snitching" was that he was somehow raised in an environment in which telling the police ANYTHING is bad. bonus points if you can think of more responsible people to tell anything to than POLICE OFFICERS.
but my opinion of rap is you can't spell "crap" without "rap"

about death metal, it's nice depending on the mood you're in. or if you don't want to listen to people, you can listen to death metal all the time and feign deafness

Level 5
as far as im concerned, there are Three categories of music

Category 1# (the chaff)
-Rap
-Chick
- Country

Category 2# (the wheat)
-rock
-some pop stuff, think silverchairs new album and Fallout Boy
-Emo

Category 3# (A huge mountain of collossally awesome solid blood drenched gold)
-Silverchair
-Nirvana

Level 5
Rock is the true music! No one remembers a pop singer in the way u remember nirvana or ac dc or the sex pistols

Level 18
the beatles.
the who.

pretty sure those two right there are considered pop bands.
And
Nirvana is alternative, grunge.
sex pistols are PUNK.

All in all every genre rocks as long as there is lyrics that you can actually understand that means no screamo. :p

Mmm Sublime
Mmm The Who
Mmm The Killers
Mmm The Shins
Mmm Plain White T's
mmm The White Stripes.
and i gotta give some love to my boys Eminem and 50(why is everyone always hating on him, his sound is still good)

the beatles.
the who.

pretty sure those two right there are considered pop bands.
And
Nirvana is alternative, grunge.
sex pistols are PUNK.

All in all every genre rocks as long as there is lyrics that you can actually understand that means no screamo. :p

Mmm Sublime
Mmm The Who
Mmm The Killers
Mmm The Shins
Mmm Plain White T's
mmm The White Stripes.
and i gotta give some love to my boys Eminem and 50(why is everyone always hating on him, his sound is still good)

The Who are not so pop....anyway....THEY ARE THE BEST BAND EVER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.