• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GangSta RAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Mainstream rappers blow cocks.

Underground is the way to go.
I love rap, but Real Lyrical rap.

Every mainstream rapper just raps about
sex, money cars, even though Akon is
one of my favorite. He just has his own
style.

Level 34
First there was 'good' rap.
Then the bad rappers shot the 'good' rappers.
After that there came 'bad' rap.

And another thing: Is there a rap song that is actually normal? What I mean with normal that it contains no chicks , cars, stupid hypnotizing flashes, hateful lyrics, no-love-just-fuck-her lyrics or stuff like that?

First there was 'good' rap.
Then the bad rappers shot the 'good' rappers.
After that there came 'bad' rap.

And another thing: Is there a rap song that is actually normal? What I mean with normal that it contains no chicks , cars, stupid hypnotizing flashes, hateful lyrics, no-love-just-fuck-her lyrics or stuff like that?

Level 10
Does Slayer count as Rap? If so then raps ok... I guess. But most of the *rap* I hear is complete BS. It's not music at all. There's no musicianship involved at all! I could play rap after only using drums for 10 minutes!

Are you kidding me? No musical talent, man you have no idea what your talking about. Rap requires the same if not more musical talent then any other genre of music.

Level 27
Ok since nobody is going answer my question, i'll just say that my opinion about rap/hiphop/r&b is that it's a hype.

And i hate hypes.

And i heard some r&b songs and i have no words that express what i thought about it.

Well bye, i will go now before people get nagging i shouldn't flame their music because they don't flame mine. Well you would probably do that but ok...

Guys....... ? Guys........ gonna ignore this post again?

...................... guys!?

Are you kidding me? No musical talent, man you have no idea what your talking about. Rap requires the same if not more musical talent then any other genre of music.

No it doesn't, I can rap any song just fine, but I have difficulties singing some songs, such as Phantom of the Opera, cause it requires mad musical skills. You're not one in charge, if you know nothing about music. It's true that rap is hyped as hell, but it doesn't mean it's good, it just means new generations got a shit taste. So lets see. There's shit rap, 99% of it. There's shit pop, 75% of it. There's shit metal, 90% of it. There's shit rock, 30% of it. Classical music? 0% of it is shit, there's a reason it's classical! If you look closely, the percent of shit rap exceeds all other genres! Not only it requires very little skill and no musical talent, it has also got the biggest percent of shit music in history! Anyone with a bit of musical talent won't even listen to it!

Level 10
Of course if you don't like rap your gonna say its shit it also has to do simply with what the person likes. For instance Classical music is dumb in my opinion but the fact of the matter is alot of people like classical music. And the same could be said for classical music for instance because there are no words in it. There are pros and cons of each genre there is no such thing as a perfect genre. Even I hate some rap because its really bad.

You're wrong. And I am right.
Classical music sort of IS perfect, hence why it is classical. If you dislike it, you're sorta out of the bandwagon. But if you like rep it simply means you have 0 musical talent. Good rappers are very very very rare.

It's not classical music being dumb. It's you. Plus it's not true there are no words in it, it's just your horrible education.

I also listen to metal, but I must admit that a lot of metal is also shit. So where's me being bias now?

Level 27
No it doesn't, I can rap any song just fine, but I have difficulties singing some songs, such as Phantom of the Opera, cause it requires mad musical skills. You're not one in charge, if you know nothing about music. It's true that rap is hyped as hell, but it doesn't mean it's good, it just means new generations got a shit taste. So lets see. There's shit rap, 99% of it. There's shit pop, 75% of it. There's shit metal, 90% of it. There's shit rock, 30% of it. Classical music? 0% of it is shit, there's a reason it's classical! If you look closely, the percent of shit rap exceeds all other genres! Not only it requires very little skill and no musical talent, it has also got the biggest percent of shit music in history! Anyone with a bit of musical talent won't even listen to it!

OK, euhm. HT you're being pretty childish here just accept other people like other music then you do lol.

Level 21
"Gangsta rap" ? Complete bullshit, hype, and ridiculous ideology.
Oh and yeah, Rap is not easy, but it's not because something is not easy that it's worth doing (and certainly not worth listening).
And about the instrumental part, I did some rap instrumentals for fun. It's really not that hard, and with professional gear, it's like soldier of fortune in Effortless. There is some really skilled guys, who understood that a person rapping over their sound was a waste and decided to play abstract hip-hop, without voice :D (it's actually a bit more complex but heh we're talking about gangsta rap so complexity is banned).

Some underground rap can stand the comparison with correct music, though, I enjoy some, such as Dälek, Buck65 and some other.

Level 12
Yo yo, bitches, this is for all my G's and dawgs out there, fo' life, man, fo' life, yo.

GANGSTA.

Level 12
Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man. Rap just sucks man.

I just wrote a rap song. Do I win?

Level 9
99.9% of the music I listen to is not rap, mostly metal. (see grog50?s Music Profile ? Users at Last.fm , this is my lastfm)
HOWEVER, as of late I have taken a liking to Tech N9ne. When i listen to any rap i feel pretty damn sick though. =D
I like quite a lot of music however, so my opinions are probably not shared. I at least can recognize that some rappers have a lot of talent. ONLY some though.

Level 12
Ok so maybe some people are good with words, I still don't see any musicianship. Poets are good with words (well some are) but they aren't called musicians. Tons of songs are based on poems, but you don't call the poet a master musician.

Rap isn't music. It's people thinking being stupid is being cool. I'll admit Metal doesn't really have much better lyrics on average, but at least they have good guitar playing! You either get rape, crime, drugs, and sex, or you get war, drugs, sex, and fantasy. With rap you get no instrumental talent, but with metal it's 90% instrumental talent.

Rap cant be called a music. You just make a beat, and remix it in a music mixing program. After that, you put some things like "yo,yo, I'm a gangster, I have all the bitches and you suck because I'm rich yo! yo!"

I'll admit Metal doesn't really have much better lyrics on average,
Ever heard about Melodic/Power Metal? Bands like Hammerfall, Helloween... They have pretty damn beautyfull lyrics.

Level 9
Rap cant be called a music. You just make a beat, and remix it in a music mixing program. After that, you put some things like "yo,yo, I'm a gangster, I have all the bitches and you suck because I'm rich yo! yo!"
Thats like saying abstract art isnt art. Anyways I can see everyones point on how how its not melodic or anything, but saying it isnt music is not fair.

Ever heard about Melodic/Power Metal? Bands like Hammerfall, Helloween... They have pretty damn beautyfull lyrics.
QFT

The lyrics below are to "obzen" by a band called Meshuggah. They are very prominent in the world of metal. Dont even try to tell me this isnt poetry

A state of perfection, immersed in filth
Equilibrium obtained
Pure in devotion to all things unwell
This sweet zen of our ill condition sustained

A new belief-system
Salvation found in vomit and blood
Where deprivation, lies
Corruption, war and pain is god

Balance
Harmony found in the sickly, the vile
Unflinching eyes, joyous and gleeming
Intense in their need to watch things die

A new belief-system
Salvation found in vomit and blood
Where deprivation, lies
Corruption, war and pain is god

Decay, disgrace, disgust - our state of zen

The grime of contempt and degeneration,
Sticky, foul and pungent
- The sediment of our creation
We flourish in this bloodred soil

Level 21
Bad choice, Meshuggah is one of the most impressive band... musically-speaking, for they use ternary beats mixed my normal one yet always manage to groove. So yeah, they're proeminent, mainly because they rule. They have an unique science of groove.
Those lyrics ain't uninteresting also, but the "gore" thing is pretty obvious, and even if it is used as a shock factor of the contrast, it's not easy to go through it if you're not used to. Well, elitism is not a huge drawback.

Oh and comparing "metal" and "rap" = stupid. It's not the same kind of music, expression culture, aim, target, world. As I said before even though I'm what most of sheeps would call a "metalhead", I enjoy some rap artists (none from that "gangsta" rap joke). I don't listen to them for the same reasons I listen to metal, industrial or such.

This said, I do not condone any of Ham Ham arguments you quoted, because the "it is not music" stuff is not interesting (ANYTHING is music, for music is just a bunch of sounds and does not mean anything) and because power metal lyrics usually make me laugh.

Level 9
Meshuggahs "Gore" thing is no where near as retarted as Cannibal Corpses haha. Glad to know someone else gets meshuggah though. And how did you get elitism out of that?
I wasnt trying to compare metal and rap if I did, because as you said thats extremely pointless.
And of course power metal lyrics make you laugh, thats why they are so awesome.

Level 12
LOL HELLOWEEN? HAMMERFALL? WTF They have terrible lyrics. And this melodic/flower metal crap sounds all the same. They try to sound epic or mysterious but they all fail. There are very very few power metal bands I would consider great. Iced Earth, Tad Morose are ok, &... Maybe a few Iron Maiden songs. I used to really like Firewind, but every one of their damn albums sound exactly the same.

Level 21
Iron Maiden has no link with "power" metal, they did it before, and better. Some bands are still nice, like Iced Earth as you said.
@Grog50 : I can get elitism out of anything :p
Cannibal Corpse are not interesting for their lyrics but for their sound which is quite interesting. Thing is, most CC fanboys I've met are basicly like "LOL GORE AND SEX = AWESOME" and they don't really enjoy the music. Which is far less easy to "enjoy" that it seems, in my opinion, yet I still prefer their old albums (without corpsegrinder), with the exception of "Kill" which is amazing.
I never really thought about reading power metal lyrics as jokes, thanks for the imput, I may even grow to like power metal, haha ;)
Oh, that was a little off-topic, sorry. But there isn't really any musical thread out there, except that "what are you listening to" autistic thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.