• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

High-resolution doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Just asking if anyone has born2modificate's high-res doodad pack and the expansion all in one map, because for some reason I can't find it. If I have to do it all manually... well yeah :\

Also, the WC3C download speed is insanely slow, something like 25kbps as supposed to my normal 1000-2000kbps... and it would take a really long time to download the pack...

It would really be appreciated and save me a lot of time!

Thanks,
~Void~

Level 15
I'll apologize if I want to :p, anyway, DL'ing them is one thing, importing them, finding the path(even though they're all the same path :p) and then organizing them within the object editor is another, i'll probably upload it at wc3c for them to use and maybe here if I can get permission from Born2mod.

It's a long, tedious task, and just because i'm bored(I need to come up with some new terrain ideas :p)

~Deathcom3s

Expansion shit's Textures\RTES\yourmum.blp. But seriously, if you do that, you're gonna do all that bloody importing, you need to seriously think about doing something more, uh, useful, unless you're around as old as me. I had been thinking about doing it, but, seriously, there's around 100 models, with 5 variations of textures. Sure, some use the same ones, but it's going to be at least 3-4 hours of work.

Level 1
25 minutes to import thats crazy... u could of took all the doodads for the pack put em in a folder and imported them all at once which might have been alot easier depending on how scattered they are. For example I imported the entire UTM pack into a map 2 days ago it took about 5 minutes total. (exported all the doodads from UTM also exported the object data and opened a new map and imported everything into it). Anyways good luck organizing all those, I did it to the UTM pack and took forever I almost got it all done now (I seperated them into groups according to terrain etc and exported the object data for each group, such a pain but it'll be worth it when i only have to import a folder and the data for it and I'm good to go)

Level 34
Why would you keep that from the public? That's pretty lame. It's not like you guys made anything that isn't already available to the public, you simply organized it.

Level 34
What? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying Gilles. We are going to release it, but it's not done yet...
Apologies, I thought you said it was done, but you guys weren't releasing it because you only wanted it for your mod.

Level 4
That's the way I understood it too. I thought you said that you organized it for your exclusive use...

Level 4
Well if there were two version, then where is the one that should be available to the public??

Status
Not open for further replies.