• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

high poly duckling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
just something i made because i got bored, it has around 11,000 polys, please give feedback and/or critique, thank you

Attachments

• 3d duck.jpg
    3d duck.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 265
You can't tell anyone to "go somewhere else with such attitude". You are responsible for anything I say about your model:

1. You MADE it
2. You MADE A THREAD WITH IT

And just anyone can agree with me that "This is lowpoly mesh + smooth = shit"
Why? Because you didn't take any effort to put detail into it, it is just SMOOTH. Uploading a version without smooth would be tons better. Just because you can, does not mean you SHOULD smooth. Also, submit this on WC3C.

Saying "This is lowpoly mesh + smooth = shit" was to prove that "YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!"

Level 4
HappyTauren said:
And what attitude? If you can't take it, go somewhere else, like wc3campaigns (hehe).
LOL! TDR will assrape him if he speaks to him like that
HappyTauren said:
Also, submit this on WC3C.
Agreed.
Also, he looks made of plastic, just thought i'd say that

Doesnt look relistic, I can't see any wings or anything. It looks like you took the general shape of a duck to base it off of, then made a kinda bloby smoothe shape. Better then I could do, you you need to define things like the wings and feathers and the tail, and other things ducks have. Also try to get some more pictures from a differnt angle.

Level 7
TurboSmooth above 2 iterations is almost NEVER needed.

There are several things you can do to counter this. Post up a wire of your un-smoothed model, or send me a PM with it and I will walk you through what you can do to reduce this poly count.

This should be at max like 9,000 or so, and you could probably work out some of the errors I see because of how your normals are deforming.

Level 7
TurboSmooth above 2 iterations is almost NEVER needed.

There are several things you can do to counter this. Post up a wire of your un-smoothed model, or send me a PM with it and I will walk you through what you can do to reduce this poly count.

This should be at max like 9,000 or so, and you could probably work out some of the errors I see because of how your normals are deforming.

Status
Not open for further replies.